Apramo NBB - How long is it good for?

LittlePeanut

Anyone have an answer from the horse's mouth? I've combed through the manual and I had a good look over the seat and I'm finding nothing that states how long it can safely be used. I know TC says 9 years, but where is that information coming from? I'd like to know if the manufacturer has posted something about it. Anyone know?

TIA

ADS

smackeen

I looked in the manual and briefly on the seat and am seeing nothing for expiry.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread if you hear anything.

Bet it is hidden under the padding or some wierd spot....lol

smackeen

Well that sucks...:confused:

Mine is still in the plastic as it will be a donation seat.

I guess people will have to call to find this out. So wish there was something stamped on the seat.

LittlePeanut

I'm going to call a little later when I get a chance. If it's good for 9 years, that would be fantastic. That said, my DOM sticker is already starting to come unstuck and it's never actually been used. I just unwrapped it last month.

LittlePeanut

Gave up. Never spoke to anyone after 30 mins on hold. Sent a pretty pissed off email to an account I doubt is still in use. If you plan to buy an Apramo, plan on no customer service or support. Maybe it's a cheap seat for a reason.

tam_shops

I just assumed it had a 6yr lifespan. I've yet to open the one I picked up, was disappointed it didn't fit...

According to a recent story done by Globe and Mail, it has a 9yr lifespan.

I don't otherwise see any inconsistencies in it (??) and can't even open the Apramo.com here at work so can't even try to phone at lunch...

tam

From the article, linked above.

aby Trend

Six years

Britax

Six years

Canadian Tire, Apramo

Nine years

Chicco

Six years

Combi

Seven years

Dorel, Costco, Eddie Bauer, Safety 1st, Maxi Cosi, Quinny, Lux

Six to eight years depending on the model

Evenflo

Six to eight years

Graco, six years

Six years

Graco, Nautilus low back booster

Nine years

Harmony

Six years

Learning Curve, Five Years and Compass

Six years

Magna, CLEK

Seven years

Orbit Baby

Seven years

Peg-Perego

Five years

Peg-Perego, all seats manufactured after Jan. 1

Seven years

Sunshine Kids infant and child

Eight years

Sunshine Kids, booster

Six years

tam_shops

I was kind of wondering where they got their information from. You'd think an actual newspaper article would be required to phone the companies themselves to get the answers...

Really, they're cheap enough after the cover starts to get dirty, I'd wash it once and then just buy a new one and donate the older one at a car seat check...

Curious about the lifespan, it would be a great selling feature for our PAC.

tam

LittlePeanut

Really, they're cheap enough after the cover starts to get dirty, I'd wash it once and then just buy a new one and donate the older one at a car seat check...

Agreed but the person receiving should still be told how long it's good for.

Anyhow, I wrote a very curt email to the company about their lack of c/s. I received a very nice email back from the VP at Apramo. He says the booster is good for TEN years :eek:

"Sorry for late reply. This Alley, vice president of Apramo Child Care Manufacturing Co., Ltd.

Thanks for choosing Apramo booster for your children, all of Apramo boosters are produced under CMVSS 213.2 regulation. Regarding the expire date, we recommend people not to use it 10 years after the manufacturing date.

BTW, 1-866 phone number belongs to Canadian Tire Corportation. I will contact Canadian Tire Corporation to give your the answer about phone number issue.

Any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks & best regards,
Alley Sun

Vice President"

In fact, he did contact CT and they responded as well. This is what they confirmed:

"Your email inquiry was forwarded to our office by the vendor. Canadian Tire's Corporate Customer Relations is the correct department to correspond with.

The Apramo low back/no back boosters can hold its service life about 10 years.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Relations department at 1-800-387-8803, 8:00am to 9:00pm (EST) Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST) Saturday.

We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond.

Corporate Customer Relations
Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
1-800-387-8803"

So there you go. A little frustrating getting the information out of them but they say it's good for 10 years. That makes it a much better price point (especially on sale) than the Walmart Harmony LBB.

tam_shops

Thanks for doing that! I was just planning on going w/ the standard 6yo when I gave mine away, but this is even better. Wonder why it'd not in the manual...

tam

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
ABOUT 10 years? :scratcheshead: :rolleyes:

I also think that the person who responded to the email didn't speak English as a main language based on some very basic grammar things...

Maybe they're just thinking the seat will get worn out and thrown out before anything could go wrong with it? There's no screws or anything to rust or wear. :shrug-shoulders:

I find myself rather loyal to Harmony - I'm never going to need more than 6 years from a backless booster and at $20 for 6 years that's a steal of a deal. And I have great respect for the Company. (Maybe I like to support Canadian companies, lol - but I have had great interactions with the company which is what makes me feel so positive about them.)

I am glad that you got an answer out of the company though. Maybe their "about 10 years" is why Transport Canada recorded 9 years? LOL

bubbaray

FWIW, I own both an Apramo and a Harmony. I think the Harmony is nicer, has a nicer cover. It's a few $ more than the Apramo when it is on sale (but less regular price). Given a choice, I'd get the Harmony.

LittlePeanut

I find myself rather loyal to Harmony - I'm never going to need more than 6 years from a backless booster and at $20 for 6 years that's a steal of a deal. And I have great respect for the Company. (Maybe I like to support Canadian companies, lol - but I have had great interactions with the company which is what makes me feel so positive about them.)

I was not aware that Harmony was a Canadian company. I do prefer to support Canadian companies when given the option but is it available anywhere other than Walmart? Because if not, I won't buy it because I won't support Walmart just to support a Canadian brand.

Keeanh

I bought both the Harmony & Apramo and had my boys sit in them. They both chose the Apramo over the Harmony. I think it's a bit more contoured, which they thought was more comfortable. Funny, I never noticed the lack of expiry date, haha. Actually, my DOM sticker fell off of one of them already. I'm going to scratch 2020 on them and leave it at that. I have the Sparco on my "sale alerts" list.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC