Question Anyone install a radian in a caravan, malibu and F150

emars002

If I can sell ODDs safeguard and YDDs marathon, I am thinking I should get at least one radian - We have to travel a few times a year and I think that would be great on the plane and if we ever decide to have #3 we would need 1 or 2 - No radians around here to try out so I just want to make sure there were not any incompatibility issues with a 2001 dodge caravan, 2005 malibu or a 2001 F150? I really only need it to work in one of those evhicles but it would be great if anyone knew if it worked in 2 of them:)

ADS

mom2kk

I have a Radian65 that I had installed mostly RF and a couple times FF in an 00 F150 extended cab w/o problems. It allowed me to put 3 seats across in that extended cab, Radian plus a booster & a Scenera, I think!

Oh and not sure what model year they may have changed to making them standard options, in my 00 Extended Cab I had to have the dealer install the tether anchors, it was free.

emars002

I have a Radian65 that I had installed mostly RF and a couple times FF in an 00 F150 extended cab w/o problems. It allowed me to put 3 seats across in that extended cab, Radian plus a booster & a Scenera, I think!

Oh and not sure what model year they may have changed to making them standard options, in my 00 Extended Cab I had to have the dealer install the tether anchors, it was free.

Thank you! We have the tether straps - DH has a crew cab - I'm glad to know if should at least install well in his truck

Calideedle

The Radian installs greats in my Fathers 00 F150, it has the suicide half doors. I currently have 2 in there.

It also installs so awesome in my '05 Grand Caravan. Not sure what the difference is between the Caravan and Grand Caravan and '01 to '05.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've done it in our '99 Caravan both RF and FF - I needed locking clips because my latch plates don't hold well, but it was otherwise fine. :thumbsup: The Caravan, however, changed design in '01 (not sure how much the seats changed, though.)

It worked great FF in my mom's '02 Malibu (never tried RF,) but the Malibu changed design in '04 so I'm not sure how it would compare with yours either.

No advice on the truck. :)

mom2juliarose

I installed DD's Radian65 FFing in a newer Malibu ('09 so not sure if there are differences) when we were traveling in December. The install itself was pretty simple once I decided on LATCH vs. seat belt for the best fit. We had her in the center.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I was able to put RFing Radians in my in-laws' 98 or 99 (similar seats to the 01 IIRC) Plymouth Grand Voyager (twin to Grand Caravan and T&C) in the center back and in the second row passenger side (they had captain's chairs.) It was nice and upright in the second row, too. (I could not put one behind the driver because of space issues.) Would have fit beautifully in the second row and with a little more work in the back row FFing. (No tethers though so nothing went FFing in the back row! I did put a seat FFing in the second row, tethered to the 3rd row belt.) Not sure if that helps you, but thought I'd add my :twocents:

MANDY1234

I have an 05 Malibu...the RNS totally work great FF and RF in there. Tighter install RF with LATCH. They really are a 5 esy install in the malibu though :) There are pictures in my profile with my girls in their RNs...I have the RF RN middle (now) so both ppl in front have more leg room though.

emars002

Thanks everyone! I think I can make it work by the looks of it! I have to get my MA up for sale and then maybe I see a new radian in our future:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC