Advocate in center seat

ADS

Phineasmama

I'm just thinking...do you only have one child right now? Do you plan on having more? Will you always have the same car? Will you ever have to put it in someone else's vehicle?

Wreckgoddess

Here are my thoughts:

I have a 3 year old son (still RF) in an advocate. He is usually in the middle.
BUT occasionally he is riding in the outboard position. And for those occasions, I want him to have that added protection.
The side impact also adds additional protection for passengers riding next to the carseat.

Also, some cars do not allow me to get a good install in the middle. So if I have to ride with a friend etc then he might have to be outboard and not in the middle. Advocates also do not allow seats to be installed next them usually due to width. So if you have another kid, your child will most likely be outboard at some point.

It's only fifty extra bucks. My kids possible life saved is worth fifty extra bucks.

Hazelandlucy

Thanks for the good points. Only have child, not sure if having more. It's not the cost of the Advocate, but just more the space issue, especially on airplanes. Does it actually fit with armrests down and if not do the flight attendants care? I know we could buy another seat for travel, but I would rather be able to stick with the one I have deemed the safest in my mind (just bear with me, I know they are all safe!) and that I am familiar with.

When travelling, I have heard a lot about the strollers (gogo kidz/travelmate)that you can attach the carseat to and wheel through the airport. Do they replace a regular stroller at the destination? Do you gate check them right before boarding?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Phineasmama

You're better off just buying a cheap luggage rack from Target and using bungee cords to attach the seat to it. Those things are overpriced, you have to take the seat off when you go through security, and no they don't function as a regular stroller at all.

Wreckgoddess

I have flown with my Advocate via Southwest Airlines twice. It was fine. I installed next to the window. The armrest may have been up, not sure. I think it was. the stewardess didn't care. I installed in RF in case you were wondering.
I don't own one of those Go Go Baby things but I think if I fly again I will get one. I flew my BOB stroller with me in the BOB stroller bag. (It's like a reinforced suitcase) because, no they don't replace a stroller. You could probably wheel your kid into a hotel and up the room in it though.
I considered buying a cheap seat for travel, but decided not to bc I know how to install my Advocate quickly. And also, I figured my son would sleep better in his usual seat. And I didn't want my son to be in a seat without the additional side impact protection. Yes, I am a nerd : )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC