Ack, what do I do?

cwesis

I am on vacation, and when I went to install my Boulevard70 FF, I couldn't find the clip on the tether. :confused: At home, I had previously installed it once RFing but decided to use a different seat in that car and was planning to install it in DH's car eventually (i.e., after this trip). I wasn't able to find a spot to tether the RFing seat during the previous installation, so I hadn't used it. Could it have fallen off? Maybe it didn't come with it, like some kind of defect? As far as traveling is concerned, I carried the car seat on the long flight but had to gate check it on the tiny jet we flew for the last leg of the trip. :mad: I guess I can install it RF; DD is still light enough for it. I am so ticked because I got the tightest install I've ever managed with a car seat, and then the tether wouldn't anchor. Grrrrrr.

Also, I bought a Cosco Scerena for my dad to keep up here, and I am having trouble tightening it enough on a RF install, using the LATCH. It is really hard to tighten the LATCH. I may switch to seatbelt if I can't get it tighter. Is there a trick I am missing? I tried threading it back through the seat, around the side of the seat and even away from the seat, but no dice. I noticed that my brother, who also ordered the same seat for up here, wasn't able to tighten it enough. Any tips?

Thanks as always for your help!
Adele

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
For the Scenera, did you pull the cover back and tighen the LATCH strap that way, back through the belt path?

I can't picture what you're saying about the tether on the Boulevard. The metal clip fell off? That's not possible without the tether being gone as well. Or do you mean the D ring?

Wendy

honeydew

The Boulevard has a V shaped tether strap, not your typical length of webbing with the hook at the end. Could the hook have gotten stuck in the pouch where the tether is stored?

KaiLing

If you're having trouble with the LATCH, try the seat belt. That might be easier and faster than troubleshooting the LATCH, and it's perfectly safe.

cwesis

For the Scenera, did you pull the cover back and tighen the LATCH strap that way, back through the belt path?

Yep, that's what I tried. I had my dh try it that way, too. I think I will try the seat belt.

I'lll check again on the tether strap of the Boulevard to see if I can find it- I was in a hurry, and I couldn't believe that it wasn't there! I hope that's all it was. And I was so proud at how rock solid I had installed the seat. :p

Adele

cwesis

Okay, I got a little more time to play with the car seats and resolved both issues. I found the clip thingy- I was in a hurry and didn't realize that it had been tightened all of the way, so it was hiding behind the head rest. :hitselfonhead: As for the Scerena, the belt from the LATCH connectors had caught on various straps, which is why it wouldn't tighten. It took some work, especially compared to the Britax, but I got it tightened nicely.

Thanks, y'all!

Adele

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC