A great CPS day yesterday (KDMF installs)

scatterbunny

Yesterday Judi and I (and another tech friend) met and teamed up for a KDMF install. We had a blast! :D

The mom was wonderfully patient, it was definitely a challenging scenario: 8yo disabled, 5yo and 4yo, all over 40 pounds, one Britax Regent and two Sunshine Kids Radians in a 1995 Land Rover Range Rover with center lapbelt and leather interior.

We had to play musical carseats for awhile. Mom wanted the Regent in the center with Radians outboard, and at first that seemed workable, but the Regent would not hold tight with the required short belt path in that center lapbelt. It slid forward easily every time, no matter what tricks we tried.

So we moved the Regent outboard behind the passenger and it went in rock-solid, very easily. With the recline mode engaged on the Radian and using Aidensmom's tip of not pushing BACK so much as just DOWN while tightening, the Radian went in solidly in the center. The other Radian outboard (with locking clip) was a challenge, but eventually with two sets of hands we got it in, too.

Judi has the pics, she'll post them soon. :D

All in all, it was a very rewarding experience, and I hope to be able to help the foundation in the future.

Between the recipient family's 4yo (the only child who was able to come), my 6yo and the other tech's 9yo and 3yo we had four kids to keep amused, so Judi brought out a bunch of seats from Baby Depot (where she works, and where we were doing the installs) for the kids to try out. That, plus her laptop with photos of her puppies, kept them busy the whole time. :D

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ohhh that sounds like a good one!!!! I am doing a KDMF install this coming Friday afternoon. I got two Regents and a Windstar so it should be a lot less challenging than the one you did!

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Less challenging is an understatement! I really thought we had it, with the regent in the middle. Here I am, with the regent.

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

Hopping up an down like a mad woman!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I thought I had it!

IMG_4784.jpg

It was fine side to side, but I could pull foward from where the harness adjuster is and slip the seat right out!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes! It felt so good to just lay there!

Here is a pic of Jenny, trying something different! Doesn't she have a great smile!

IMG_4787.jpg

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I don't think I've ever been inside one of those vehicles, but I am truly amazed you were able to do a 3 across w/ a Regent! :eek:

:bow: :bow:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Glad you had a great time with great results!! You deserved a to have a great day! Especially after all the recent stuff you have been dealing with :love:.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Thanks for posting all the great pics!!! YOu all look like you had a blast! I do have to ask....Who stepped on the RN seat...LOL. It looks like a big black mark on the seat.

I see where you son get his hair now, Judi :love:! Nice to have a face with the name.

scatterbunny

Thanks for posting all the great pics!!! YOu all look like you had a blast! I do have to ask....Who stepped on the RN seat...LOL. It looks like a big black mark on the seat.

:p They already owned that Radian, for the 4yo, it was well-loved. :p The 5yo and 8yo had been riding in boosters, but they were both too immature to use boosters safely. The 8yo is disabled and really needed the harness. This family really was great! Mom had already had the dealership install three tether anchors in the back and was very interested in CPS. In fact coincidentally, I found out that this mom has my old Britax Laptop! :love: Doriansmummy posted awhile back about a friend needing something for a 40+ pound child in a lapbelt, I sent her my Laptop, and it went to this family! What a small world.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
:p They already owned that Radian, for the 4yo, it was well-loved. :p The 5yo and 8yo had been riding in boosters, but they were both too immature to use boosters safely. The 8yo is disabled and really needed the harness. This family really was great! Mom had already had the dealership install three tether anchors in the back and was very interested in CPS. In fact coincidentally, I found out that this mom has my old Britax Laptop! :love: Doriansmummy posted awhile back about a friend needing something for a 40+ pound child in a lapbelt, I sent her my Laptop, and it went to this family! What a small world.

AH ok, that explains the balck marks. Wow, that is as small world!! That is great Mom is intersted in CPS. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC