96 caravan RF tether locations?

linguistmama

Does anyone happen to know what I could tether a rfing Blvd to in a 96 Dodge Caravan? It's in the middle seat of the middle row, so the very middle of the van.

ADS

linguistmama

Here are some I took today.

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff97/pir0416/

The first 2 pictures are under the seat the Blvd would be on. I'm not sure if those would be ok or not, but there are 2 spots that look strong enough.

The 3rd picture is the leg of the front passenger seat and I think it would work. But we wouldn't be able to move that seat back and forth. It looks like it would interfere with the tether if the seat got moved. Would it be ok if we moved that seat all the way back and tethered? This way a passenger would fit.

The 4th picture is of the back of the the front seats. We're just using the seat untethered until we find a good spot.
Thanks!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Here are some I took today.

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff97/pir0416/

The first 2 pictures are under the seat the Blvd would be on. I'm not sure if those would be ok or not, but there are 2 spots that look strong enough.

The 3rd picture is the leg of the front passenger seat and I think it would work. But we wouldn't be able to move that seat back and forth. It looks like it would interfere with the tether if the seat got moved. Would it be ok if we moved that seat all the way back and tethered? This way a passenger would fit.

The 4th picture is of the back of the the front seats. We're just using the seat untethered until we find a good spot.
Thanks!

That 3rd picture looks like the same spot I use for tethering in my '03 Grand Caravan. Move the seat as far back as the RFing seat behind it will allow (should be pretty much all the way back), tether it and then realize that you will not be able to adjust the passenger seat. ;) No one should *need* to move it foward though. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC