3 in mini van no stow n go

MaKoski

I've been thinking and reading and I'm trying to figure out a configuration for my 2006 Buick Terraza (same as a chevy uplander). The 2 captians chairs have air bags so they don't come out or stow. Depending on how fast my oldest grows she will either be in a frontier 85 or a ERF radian rxt We will call her 'M'. She is 5 but has some special needs. Then we have 'I' she is 2yrs and in a myride RF but will probubly out grow that by then and will need a radian to ERF. Then we will have a newborn that should be at least #9 when born(probubly closer to #10), Well call him 'B'. I'm wondering what would be a good configuration for them... possibly 3 rf or 1 ff harnessed and 2 rf. These are the seats I own now but I'm always up for a new one if needed... 2 myride 65's, frontier 85, Nautalis, radian rxt, and a scenara(that i'd rather not use and would only fit the newborn) Any ideas? Thanks. Kids will be 6 yrs, 3yrs, newborn.

ADS

Beckers

Hmm...since the captains chairs can't come out, that does make it harder...

Can you a least fold the seat back down so its flat like a table? That's what we do when we don't feel like removing the whole captains chair. Then I sit on it while I help the kids in the back. If you can do that I'd put 5 year old forward facing behind the other captains chair, the 3 year old rear facing next to her, and the infant in the captains chair.

If you can't do that, Maybe put the two younger ones in the captains chairs and the 5 year old in the 3rd row reach over from the cargo area to help her buckle?

Phineasmama

Can you fold down part of the 3rd row? I have loaded rear facing kids in the back of my 3rd row before. My 5 year old is in the middle of the 3rd row but she can buckle herself in and out of her Frontier.

MaKoski

Our 3rd row is a 50/50 split and I can take half out... but then a RF child has to be back there because only the center has a tether and with only half a seat there is no center in 3rd row. The captains chairs do fold but they are kinda high to climb over. If I'm useing the frontier by then it would half to be in a captians chair of center 3rd row. I forgot to mention befor, but one kind of seat I wont buy is a bucket/infant seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC