2nd seat options?

jnh896

Hello,

I am seeking your opinions about a second seat for DD. She is 19 months and 28 lbs and 34 inches. (90th percentile for height and weight.) The second seat will be going into a 2008 Honda Accord. It will stay installed in that car. We keep a Scenera as a spare and for airplanes.

I would like to keep her rear-facing as long as possible, but I don't know how a RF install will work in the Accord. (Currently have a BLVD in a Honda Odyssey)

Based on reading other posts, I was thinking of the Graco Nautilus or the Evenflo Triumph Advance. They seem like good options and these are easy for me to find in local stores.

Since she is a tall girl, I do need one with a larger height/weight limit. So, I'm wondering if another Britax makes more sense, although I'm not particularly inclined to get another BLVD. Maybe I don't realize how great it is because it's the only carseat we have had. And we don't move it from car to car.

I don't think I can install the Frontier RF...is that correct? So that would not make sense until later...although she could technically sit FF now, I don't want to make the switch.

What do you think? Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks!!!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
A carseat will install RF quite well in an Accord. :)

I would definitely look at the Evenflo Triumph Advance. I would also look at the new Safety 1st Avenue (available at Sears). Both of those seats would allow your baby to stay RF for quite a while and will both be far less expensive than a Marathon, Decathlon, Boulevard, or Radian.

Another seat to consider would be the First Years/Compass True Fit. It might be a tougher fit in the Accord (RF), but it should still work. It has quite high top harness slots, so it should last you a long time.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I just wanted to clarify that the Britax Frontier is a forward facing only seat, and not an appropriate option for your little one at this stage because the Frontier has a minimum age of 2 years old as well as a minimum weight of 25 lbs. per Britax. The other carseats you're considering, and those mentioned by the previous poster, are much more appropriate options. :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Nautilus is forward facing only as well.

The EFTA would work wonderfully for you, if you like it. The Boulevard would be good too. A Scenera, an Uptown, a True Fit, these are all good options.

Wendy

startrace96

I have an '02 Accord, and the EFTA take up a little too much room in the back seat at the top of the seat for my 2 DS. I just got the Safety 1st Avenue and it fits in there very good. I went through several trying to find the best fit, and price is an option for me. I would love a britax but just couldn't afford it. Here's a pic of it.

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=52322

I do not know how to add any more pics, it says I've exceeded my limit?

jnh896

Thank you all for your replies. I did not realize that the Nautilus was FF, so thank you for pointing that out to me. :)

The First Years True Fit looks promising in addition to the EFTA. I think the Safety 1st Uptown or Avenue look too narrow for DD. I kinda feel that way about the Radian too...just from looking at them...

Yay, more research and shopping!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC