Orientation change

ADS

BigDaddy

The only thing I don't like is that it makes some of the user's posts look wonky and not in line with others. This thread is an example http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=97519

It seems to only be on those with long usernames.
You chose that thread just to tease me didn't you? :p

BigDaddy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Simplysomething

I really like this layout, it's the way I've been using vB for years.

BTW: Wow, you guys have sooo many styles to choose from. :)

Many of the forums I post on/read use this layout. I really like it.

I might be tempted to turn avatars back on, because it makes it so much easier to just NOT look at them--if they're off to the side. Yay! Probably will still leave them off though.

Signatures though, still have to remain off. Until D. makes it so they're all invisible or really really tiny, which, I guess isn't happening. (Since apparently, changing things to make simplysomething happy isn't really high up on the list of things to do....;))

There are a lot of skins to choose from. I use...uh...I dunno, default? Back when the default was the bright bright green/blue, I used spring.

ETA: Lovin linked to a post in the SCM. We'll see you there in a year or so.

TheNimpsGirl

Don't feel BigDaddy, I can't access it either.

And the change will take a few days to grow on me even though I use it on other sites.

The thanks is then obvouisly something different than rep? I kinda thought that was the point of rep, someone thanked you in a big way so you gave them rep. So thanks is? Do you do both? Can you do both for one post/user?

HEVY

Uhm, I don't like it. I don't like change. It freaks me out. Do I have an option to change it back? If not i guess I will get used to it :(

zactayaus

I'm not sure how I feel about the change. I'm so used to it being the other way it's going to take me some time to get used to. And I agree with lovinwaves about it making post with long user names look out of wack. That does bug me a little.

zactayaus

Oh, and exactly what is this thumb thing? I see it down on the bottom of the posts but, um, why? Why wouldn't you just give someone rep? Seems like double work.:shrug-shoulders:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh! Is this new? If I click the rep icon on my own post, it tells me how much rep I've got, and how much the post has received. Even if it isn't new, I just noticed it.

No, not new....

Uhm, I don't like it. I don't like change. It freaks me out. Do I have an option to change it back? If not i guess I will get used to it :(

:yeahthat: Thinking I need to walk away from the computer. Can't handle it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The thanks is then obvouisly something different than rep? I kinda thought that was the point of rep, someone thanked you in a big way so you gave them rep. So thanks is? Do you do both? Can you do both for one post/user?
I'm thinking it might be useful when you can't give someone rep? For example, if I give Defrost some rep, I can't rep her again for I don't know how many posts and if she posts something helpful to me, I can then "thank" her instead so she knows she helped even though I couldn't rep her.

Also, it's also quicker to click the thanks button instead of quoting/replying and typing thanks so it can be a time saver and space saver. :thumbsup:

No come on someone, thank me for my brilliant insight! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC