Safety 1st Complete Air max slot height is 17"

Mommy0608

...according to Safety 1st's facebook page. The lowest slots are 10". The seat has 5 harness/headrest positions. Still no word on the interior shell height, but I posted a question on their facebook page asking for the information. I will post back if I receive an answer.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
17 is not too shabby. It's the same as the Radian and a bit more than the TrueFit. It should get most kids to the 50 lb. limit. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, but there are what, like 4 seats on the market that those kids with more than 17 inch torsos can fit, right? And 2 of those soon to NOT be on the market. So I'm not too disappointed in it. :) Heck, maybe Dorel will come out with a really really tall HWH combo seat to follow this one up! :D

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
SKJP says the Radian is 18, but very few of us get that when we measure. Most of us get about 17.

The TF usually measures about 16 1/2.

The MA is about 16.

skylinphoto

I'm happy to hear it's 17in. It's a good number that will get most kids to booster age (alongside the 50lb weight limit).

Way to go Dorel on this one. It's super awesome to see a mainstream brand (and graco too) producing seats that will not only keep kids rfing longer but will also take most kids to appropriate booster ages.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
If it is indeed the aoe shell, that top slot height of 17 is really high...at least as high as the TF, way higher than the ma, and only an inch of so under the nautilus.

Mommy0608

:confused:

I get at LEAST 17.5" when I measure the TF. I got less than that when I measured the Radian and Marathon.

I'm okay with the 17" slots on this new seat. Higher would be better, but with a 50lb limit, it's reasonable.

WhatAboutPuppy

Personally I think if the top slots are 17" with a 50 pound limit there's a good chance my DSS2 will out grow it in weight before height. DSS1 is tall and skinny and weighs 49 pounds, he has about an inch and a half left in the Frontier. So his SOLID little brother needs a heigher weight limit on his seats...

Maedze

I'm baffled when I hear people say 18 for the Radian. I've owned five of them, different styles, and I've never gotten a hair over 17.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So do you think it's more likely for a kid to make it to 40# RF in this seat than the MR?

If the top of the headrest is the same as the top of the headrest in an aoe, then absolutely.
My dd, who i have posted pics of in the giantthread, has a solid 2 inches plus over her head in the aoe on top setting, and her head is already over the shell of the MR. so yes....tons more height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC