What is taught on the afternoon of the third day of the CPS Tech class?

U

Unregistered

I would like to know specifically what is taught in the last two hours of the third day of the class. I need to miss those two hours and the instructor here will not let me. Have you ever had anyone miss part of a class? If so what did you do? We only get a class once a year where I live and I have been waiting about a year to take it. It just so happens that the third day is the day of the Jimmy Buffett concert and I have to leave early to drive down to the next large city to go. This was not planned. Any thoughts? BTW tickets were $200 to the show and my husband surprised me.

ADS

Mama Jo

We were not allowed to miss any time or you would be dropped.

That's what I heard too... If you were in my area, I'd say drop the class and go to the concert ((I'm on the waiting list :whistle:)) LOL

But since Jimmy Buffett isn't coming to my area, I won't hold my breath. :p

BookMama

Senior Community Member
We were not allowed to miss any time or you would be dropped.

That really IS the official rule, and from what I understand there are no exceptions.

You'd really have to leave at 3:00 to get to the next town in time for a concert? How far away is the next town? What time is the concert? :confused:

Mommy0608

That really IS the official rule, and from what I understand there are no exceptions.

You'd really have to leave at 3:00 to get to the next town in time for a concert? How far away is the next town? What time is the concert? :confused:

:yeahthat:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Unfortunately I think you have to make a choice. One, or the other. Or get there late for the concert, I guess. You really aren't allowed to miss class and pass, and I think the Instructor probably isn't authorized to make that exception. (If you ended up in the hospital they'll refund your fee or let you take it again for free, I think, but this isn't that kind of situation.)

Maedze

The instructor in my class was very clear...you miss ANY part of the class you will be dropped, no questions, no excuses.

mommaon112903

I know that when I have called about missing time from a CPST course, there are no exceptions minus death or hospital stays. Missed time = no certification.

I know when we would go to concerts we would have to leave in the afternoon for a 7pish start because we would have to drive 1.5hrs and parking was a you-know-what.

I say go to the concert, you can always take the course later.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I moved this thread to the more appropriate Carseats Chat section of the forum. :)

Safe Kids states you cannot miss any portion of the course on the certification section of the SK website, going from memory, and this was reiterated at my course by the instructors. Be there for the entire course and seat check event at the end of the course, and pass all of the tests and skills assessments, or you will not pass the course and you will not become a CPST. It sounds like you're going to have to choose and probably postpone taking the CPST course until it's offered at a future date if you wish to do both. :twocents:

brightredmtn

I had a guy in my class retaking the class. His wife went into labor on the last day previously and he had to take the entire thing over again. It had only been three months earlier too. I felt bad for him, I wish he could have just come for the class he missed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC