Question I need a Graco stroller...

arly1983

I guess, anyway.

I need a single stroller that will:

-Take a Graco Safeseat (preferably cordinate or match Rittenhouse in my avatar)
-Fit a 45 lb 4 yr old, 35 lb 2.5 yr old, and 9 week old
-Be able to be used on different surfaces. No off-roading but uneven pavement
-Be less than $200

Weight doesn't matter much, I don't plan on carrying it. Not my main or trip stroller so doesn't have to fold small.

For price, it looks like a Graco stroller will be my best bet.

I was looking at these two:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000MXJ24U/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Quattro-Deluxe-Stroller-Zurich/dp/B001GQ2P9Q/ref=pd_cp_ba_1?pf_rd_p=413863701&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000MXJ24U&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08DT8M5561V10C6YWWXD

My sister has the metrolite and I like it. Both of my kids fit in it well enough. I like that they were all close to me. I worry about some quality issues I have read about (wheels and baskets tearing up).

THe quattro tour has great reviews (besides the ones saying it is too heavy). I like that it has suspension and is for multi surfaces. I don't like that it seems like your kids are so far way from you.

ADS

zactayaus

Well I just got my Quattro delivered to me yesterday and all I can say is I :love:,:love:,:love: it! DH is in love with it also so that totally impressed me. It folds and unfolds super easy. It folds alot more compactly than I thought it was going to. The SS1 fits in it great!:thumbsup: It pushes like a dream and it holds a child up to 50lbs.

lovinwaves

Arly, did you eliminate the BJ Mini as an option?

I would get the Quattro between those that you have posted. I think it would handle your older child's weight better. Gotta love that huge basket too :D

arly1983

Arly, did you eliminate the BJ Mini as an option?

I would get the Quattro between those that you have posted. I think it would handle your older child's weight better. Gotta love that huge basket too :D

ITs alittle pricey for me now. By the time I made up my mind, the coupon code stopped working for me so the cheapest I can find the BJ mini and carseat adaptor together is about $270.

Oh, I would love a huge basket for once. :thumbsup:

jsta1005

I have severl Quattros at the moment :whistle: and I LOVE everything about them! They do push very well on uneven surfaces! it is very high on my list of favorite strollers!

and the Metrolite is one of my least favorites. They feel flimsy to me!

cpsaddict

Get the Quattro! If I didn't have my BOB Revo, I would have gotten the Diaz Quattro with Safeseat. I also have a P3 and frankly, I think the Quattro pushes just as nice. My sister has a Quattro that we got used(but used VERY little) and she uses the heck out of it. It still looks new! The child is a little further away, but too bad, especially with the Safeseat on it(that's what she had).

SavsMom

I'd get the Quattro - it will hold up better than the Metrolite with your older child - its a bit more durable.

I actually just got rid of my Quattro and got a Metrolite and am very impressed with it. I just couldn't deal with the size and weight of the Quattro anymore. I am 5'3" and it was killing my back putting it in the back of my SUV. I know a lot of people didn't like the first Metro's - but I think the newer models are nicer. Mine has the 3 position recline using a bar (not the strap), a nice size basket that folds down, as well as rubber wheels.

capeKO71

Well - if you decide on the quattro - albeebaby has this one for $99...
http://www.albeebaby.com/grqutodest6b.html

If it were me, I'd go with something like this:
http://www.albeebaby.com/pegpe20plp3c1.html
(its universal - comes with strap to pull across the stroller)
same stroller - different colors: http://www.albeebaby.com/pegpe20p3sti.html
Plus it has the foot step for older child to stand on in the back.

REturns for sale has a bunch of the P3's for about $220 - new (A+ rating... means they are new)
http://returnsforsale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1249

MoreLatte

I LOVED my Quattro! Check CL, I see them on ours all the time. I think most people stop using them after their little ones outgrow the infant seat, so they sell them. I used mine until DD was 2 and would have kept using it, but my niece needed a carseat for her baby, so I figured she should get the whole travel system. I miss mine!

jewlsvern

I love my Quatrro. I still use it and DD is 2. It has been through much abuse and still is in great shape. It was great for long day trips to Disney because it held a ton, but was still nice for a trip to the park. I don't find it all that heavy.
I love the fully flat recline. I have put DD in it from newborn until now, but also used it for DNe and DNi when they were almost 50 pounds. It still pushed very easily.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I don't have the other strollers you are looking at but I love my P3. I did try DS in the Quattro of a friends and I wasn't a huge fan. I found the seatback was very low, I didn't like how far away from me he was, it took up my whole trunk and I did notice a difference in how it pushed compared to my P3. I love how the P3 folds up, fits the SS1/SR and the toddler bar on the back. That bar has come in very handy plenty of times.

Rosey

I love the P3 and have have a Metrolite (the newer model). I love the p3 more. The only downside to the p3 is that the basket can be hard to access because of the way it folds. I wouldn't get a heavy graco stroller but that is because I think there are plenty of full featured strollers under 20lbs.

ZephyrBlue

The Quattro, definately. I had and sold the P3- tried to use it as a mall stroller- and love the Quattro for the mall. It's the only non-high-end stroller that I've had and kept. Don't know how it would hold up for daily use, but it's pretty solid, for a Graco/Evenflo/Dorel/BabyTrend type of stroller. And the basket is huge! :thumbsup:

Yoshi

I'm not so sure J would fit in the old style Quattro- my DD was about 6 inches taller than the seatback at age 2.5- no place for her head to lean back:thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC