I can't sell my regent

Amaris

No one wants it. I've put it on craigslist and here, though I am looking to sell it locally. I'm only asking $120, and I would really like it gone now that I've made up my mind to sell it. Any other ideas on how to sell it? It's pre-advisory by the way.

ADS

Yoshi

How long has it been on your CL? Last fall, I thought mine would never sell, but after 3 weeks, a woman e-mailed me and bought mine. Did you post a picture? That helps A LOT. Anyway, give it a little more time.....Good luck!

Amaris

I'm near buffalo ny. It's an onyx cover. It's only been on craigslist a few days, but it's way down the list. I really doubt anyone would browse that much looking for one.

monstah

I'd pay $120 for it.... but you are an 8 hour drive away. Bummer too, because onyx is my favorite cover.

You just need to be patient and wait for the right person. I had a BLVD listed, the listing expired and I had to redo it again. By the time someone emailed me and said they wanted it, (6-8 weeks later) I had fallen back in love with it and didn't want to sell it.

Good luck!

ETA: Don't worry about it falling low, people go looking for Regents and will find it. No one is usually "browsing" craigslist and suddenly decides to buy a Regent.

MomToEliEm

I am going to be selling one of my regents within the next few months (just waiting until her shoulders rise up just one more millimeter). I have both a pre and post advisory regent, but I think I will sell my post advisory one as I like the installation flexibility I have with my pre-advisory regent. I am planning on selling it on craigslist so hopefully whenever that time comes, someone will be wanting it. I think only a small group of people even know what a Britax Regent is so it takes some time for the seat to sell sometime. Don't give up just yet. Someone will buy it in time.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
When I'm looking on Craigslist to actually buy I never browse, always search. I'm sure if you give it a bit more time you'll get at least some interest.

scootiemom

Put every carseat manufacturer's name in the posting so those who search will see your listing come up. i.e. "Harnesses longer than Evenflo, Graco..."

LuvBug

definitely give it time, even ebay takes longer than a that!(unless you set it to be a short auction, but likely won't get any bids).

You are selling it right before the perfect time to do so... when everyone is getting their taxes. Give it a few weeks and I bet someone will come along. I filed as soon as I had my W-2s and did direct deposit. I should get my refund this friday. I don't need a regent, but I'm just saying... people will have money to spend and someone will need a regent.

Also maybe mention in the post about the other seats that harness over 40lbs, especially the nautilus. Maybe mention how much they are new, and how good of a deal this is.

ETA: I've been selling my maclaren stroller for months, but I am not pressing it right now. I am waiting until people have money and the weather starts to change. I am going to relist it in a few weeks and I bet it will sell this time.

ginny4

it took a couple weeks to sell my scenera (at the price i wanted). i got some crazy ridiculous offers on it. but it just took time. eventually someone will want to buy it. i made sure i put TONS of info spec about it. made sure to mention how the seat was treated. like no accidents, never been dropped, harness never washed (w/ very brief explaination why that is important),....with where i live my CL aren't exactly the closest area so i offer to come part way to meet. i picked 2 places 1 south of me & 1 north of me depending on where they are coming from.

it'll happen.....

dhardawa

I feel your pain. I have been trying to sell a Vigour for months. It is in like new condition and I have been asking $50 and only one person has responded and he wanted me to take $40 and drive it an hour to him.

Marinesfamily5

;) I desperately want a regent onyx cover lol ;) PM me

DD has destroyed her Sahara
i bought a cover before our move off craigslist but it was a classic! :thumbsdown: I paid for a onyx and was totally ticked but we were moving in like 3 days so I just kept it... its still in a box somewhere :confused:

I plan on trying to sell the classic after we move .. again and I find it.. I wonder if it will take forever to offload?

CarseatDiva

;) I desperately want a regent onyx cover lol ;) PM me

DD has destroyed her Sahara
i bought a cover before our move off craigslist but it was a classic! :thumbsdown: I paid for a onyx and was totally ticked but we were moving in like 3 days so I just kept it... its still in a box somewhere :confused:

I plan on trying to sell the classic after we move .. again and I find it.. I wonder if it will take forever to offload?

I have a new sahara I would sell :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC