Okay, Sienna owners

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We're looking at an 08 8 pass Sienna.

Reportedly, this car has adjustable headrests in all the positions.

However, (and we haven't seen the thing in person, which would probably clear this up, but I must know NOW, lol!) from the pics, I can't see how on earth the 8th seat's (middle 2nd row) or rear row's seats' headrests adjust.

Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks!

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I had a 7 passenger Sienna and the third row, middle seating position does have an adjustable headrest. I found one picture in PB that will show it adjusted...it is just like the outboard headrests.
Picture012.jpg

I am 99.99% sure the 8th seat has an adjustable headrest but I don't have any pictures to prove it or any personal experience with it so I'll leave it to an 8 passenger owner to fill you in on that one.

Happy van shopping!

mommy2env

The third row has headrests like the picture Dani posted. The 8th seat has a regular headrest like the captains chairs.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ooooh, okay.

In all the pics I saw they were all the way down, and the way the seats are, like, recessed to hold the headrest, it looked like one piece. (The 8th seat is the same as the back row headrests even though the seat is obviously a captain's chair exactly like the other 2 in every other way in the pic I looked at.)

See, I knew you guys would be able to help me out.

I'm so pathetic. ;)

I'm cautiously excited about this van.

It's an 08, like I said, about 9000 miles on it, no crashes, the color I want, 8 pass, and has everything I want EXCEPT the DVD player, which my husband says will be about $2800 including parts and labor to be added by a Toyota dealer (though we have 3 within an easy drive so maybe we can get them in a bidding war against each other to put one in :whistle:) Maybe next year...

We could get an aftermarket DVD player much cheaper, of course, but being a nut I insist that I want the one made for the Sienna installed by the dealer so that it will be structurally attached. :D (Also it comes with a warranty if you get it done through the dealer.)

emandbri

You can get one that is structurally attached MUCH cheaper and you can get one with a bigger screen. We even saw one where you could do two things at once on a screen then one kid can watch something and another play a video game. I would check it out before you decide.

We haven't done it but my kids are fine in the car and seem content listening to music. We thought about having one installed after Elizabeth was forward facing but honestly I'm not sure now since the kids seem fine without it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We like to go on looong car trips, like several days driving. We would use the DVD player for that. The warranty is part of what sells me on the dealer doing it. I might decide it's unnecessary but my experience is that after about 8 hours in the car for the second day with 2 hours left before we get to the hotel for the night, a DVD player would be a nice thing to have...

NannyMom

Ooooh, okay.

In all the pics I saw they were all the way down, and the way the seats are, like, recessed to hold the headrest, it looked like one piece. (The 8th seat is the same as the back row headrests even though the seat is obviously a captain's chair exactly like the other 2 in every other way in the pic I looked at.)

I have the 2008 8 passenger Sienna LE. The headrest on the 2nd row center is the same as the 2 outboard 2nd row seats. Only difference is it's slightly narrower (so it won't fit as replacement for OB seats.... I've tried :eek: ). It is NOT the same as the 3rd row seat headrests :)

If there's anything specific you want a picture of, let me know.

SavsMom

Worked as a Sales Manager at a Toyota Store for 5 years and sold many Siennas - and like everyone is saying the 8 the seat (2nd row middle position) is just like the outboards next to it, just narrower.

Also - get the factory installed DVD player. I know of several instances where customers of mine have tried to save money and get an aftermarket DVD installed and ended up having electrical problems in the car that were not covered under warranty as an aftermarket player was put in by another company. I would rather spend just a little more on it and avoid having problems and a voided warranty.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ooooh, side view helps me see the difference! Thanks!

Also - get the factory installed DVD player. I know of several instances where customers of mine have tried to save money and get an aftermarket DVD installed and ended up having electrical problems in the car that were not covered under warranty as an aftermarket player was put in by another company. I would rather spend just a little more on it and avoid having problems and a voided warranty.

Thanks!

Another co. offered to do it for half as much but this was my thinking. I'm glad to have it confirmed. I'll tell my husband that it's my car and I want the original dvd player or nothing. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC