saw Scenera with 35lb rf limit

canadiangie

Was at wal-mart today and saw a new Scenera DOM Dec 23, 2008, with the 35lb rf limit. It was a black and silver pattern that I'd never seen before.

There was also the pink Scenera with the same DOM of Dec 23, 2008 but it only allowed for rf use up to 30lbs.

ADS
U

Unregistered

Ok just called Dorel to see if they could tell me if this new RFing 35lb model had alson increased the FFing limit..... They told me there is no such seat as a RFing 35lb in Canada and she could do nothing without a model number.....which city did you see this model?
If anyone sees it please grab a model number for me...as Dorel claims it does not exisit!!

mommycat

Editing again to say: the .ca version has different seats shown than the .com version (which has a lot more patterns showing too) so maybe that is the Canadian one after all.

EDITING TO SAY - well, it looks like the Canadian website, but I am not convinced they have 2 websites, since the list of stores includes a separate list of "Canadian Stores"

Here it is shown on the Cosco Canadian website:
http://www.coscojuvenile.ca/product/detail.asp?ID=2695&model=6685
Scenera® Convertible Car Seat
22123 BVL

Let your baby or toddler ride in style!

* LATCH equipped for rear-facing 5-35 lbs, forward-facing 22-40 lbs.
* 5-point harness system
* 4 harness locations
* 3 buckle locations
* 2-piece harness retainer
* 2-position recline
* Up-front harness adjustment
* Detachable cup holder

Scenera Convertible Car Seat

Scenera Convertible Car Seat
22120WAL Let your baby or toddler ride in style! � LATCH equipped for rear-facing 5-35 lbs, forward-facing 22-40 lbs.

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
Hey Cat - the Canadian models normally have a "C" at the end of the number - they are bringing out the 35 pounder in the Scenera, but not sure if it's here yet or not.

mommycat

Ahh. Well, that makes sense. I knew my AOEs had Cs in the model numbers. I wish they would at least make their own websites work properly for us Canadians!!! :(

canadiangie

It's here. ;)

I checked thoroughly for CDN stickers, the 32" rf length limit we all love to hate, I checked for French and English vs English and Spanish. It's very much a CDN seat, DOM Dec 23/08. It's a black and silver pattern, the silver parts being small rectangles. Definetely a new pattern to Canada.

I'm in Airdrie BTW, just outside of Calgary, AB.

I didn't have my camera (and had even planned to bring it to get pics printed :rolleyes:) or I surely would have snapped some shots.

HTH's

U

Unregistered

OK peoples....I have one in my living room right now!!
I sent my husband to the Walmart in Peterborough and that is all they stock RFing 35lbs FFing 40lbs......let me know if you have questions because I can check out anything you need!

April

At what age are Scenaras typically outgrown by height? My youngest outgrew rf seats by weight first, but it would be good to know whether kids might actually make it to 35lbs rf'ing in this seat.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
OK peoples....I have one in my living room right now!!
I sent my husband to the Walmart in Peterborough and that is all they stock RFing 35lbs FFing 40lbs......let me know if you have questions because I can check out anything you need!

Could you please register and stay around for us to ask questions? Thanks.

canadiangie

At what age are Scenaras typically outgrown by height? My youngest outgrew rf seats by weight first, but it would be good to know whether kids might actually make it to 35lbs rf'ing in this seat.

I sat my 31 month old who is about 38" tall and weighs about 28lbs in it, and her head was about 2.5" from the top (so she'd have 1.5" to go, maybe a little less), and her shoulders were just above the second set of slots.

I'd say a lot of kids might make it to a good solid 30lbs before outgrowing it. And I know in the US many older toddlers used to go from MA's (etc) into rf Sceneras for that extra 2lbs of rf (this when MA's etc only rf'd to 33lbs).

It really does have a tall shell for such a small seat if that makes any sense.

ElaynesMom

Wow! Looks like I might be getting 2 new seats then. A True Fit or New AOE for my vehicle and a Scenera as a spare for when my dd is in other people's vehicles. Thanks so much for the info :)

Last edited:

ElaynesMom

I just went to our Walmart to see if they had the new sceneras and they had them in both black and grey and the pink flower pattern. When I looked at the only pink flower seat they had on the shelf (They had more in overstock where I couldn't reach) it said 5-35 lbs rf on the outer bag as well as on the french sticker, but the english sticker still said 5-30 lbs. I guess it was just a labeling error?

greenpea77

Ok I just checked all the labels and the bag. All labels say RFing 5-35lbs (both English and French) My model number is 22123C-RMD DOM 2008-12-23.I had purchased one with a DOM of 2008-12-15 and it was still the older max 30lbs so I swapped it. I think anything earlier then Dec 23/08 is still 30lbs. I will give Dorel a call and confirm this model number is good for 35lbs and not just labelling issue. I really dont think it is as the label with the weight limits have a Canadian Maple Leaf on them.

ElaynesMom

Your model should be fine to use until 35 lbs if all the stickers say so. If you are concerned just check the manual and see what it states. The Scenera I saw had 2 labels that said 35 lbs and one that said 30 lbs. I believe this is still a 35 lb Scenera, they just accidentally stuck an older (30 lb) english label on it.

April

I just went to our Walmart to see if they had the new sceneras and they had them in both black and grey and the pink flower pattern. When I looked at the only pink flower seat they had on the shelf (They had more in overstock where I couldn't reach) it said 5-35 lbs rf on the outer bag as well as on the french sticker, but the english sticker still said 5-30 lbs. I guess it was just a labeling error?

Alllllllport.....Where are you???? :p

Allport loves to know about labeling errors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC