Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Australian Britax seat and vehicle support?

'do not use if the top of the restraint is higher than the top of the cars seat or headrest'

This is what is printed on the side of the seat. So, this large Britax convertible is requiring the seat back behind it, right? And no tips of ears rule? The child restraint must not go above the vehicle headrest, right?
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: Australian Britax seat and vehicle support?

You might get more info by posting this on the International board.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Bump
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Quote Originally Posted by keri1292 View Post
    'do not use if the top of the restraint is higher than the top of the cars seat or headrest'

This is what is printed on the side of the seat. So, this large Britax convertible is requiring the seat back behind it, right? And no tips of ears rule? The child restraint must not go above the vehicle headrest, right?
    That's what it sounds like to me.
    Which seat is it, just curious.
    Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

Sorry, I found the manual online and yep, they can't use it. Crazy, huh? I told her to call Britax to confirm it.

Here it is. It looks like a Frontier with a smooth-as-butter-Roundabout-style-harness-adjuster! Perfection!

Hey, Britax, I want that adjuster on the Frontier. Pretty please.
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

Quote Originally Posted by keri1292 View Post

Here it is. It looks like a Frontier with a smooth-as-butter-Roundabout-style-harness-adjuster! Perfection!

Hey, Britax, I want that adjuster on the Frontier. Pretty please.
    My Frontier adjuster *IS* smooth-as-butter. It's not the RA style, but it is a pure pleasure to use. I've taken to buckling my almost 7 yo, who has been buckling herself for a couple of years now, just to enjoy the smooth pull.
    Kimberly