Car seat recommendation

missycourteney

I'm looking at buying a carseat for my nephews first birthday. He has everything and his parents say they need another carseat for the second car since he will be starting with a sitter in 3 weeks. One will drop him off in the morning and the other will pick him up in the evening. They have a Evenflo Triumph Advance for the main car and i was hoping to suprise them with a carseat for his birthday for the second car.
Right now he is 11months old and around 19/20lbs. Not sure of his torso.
I'm hoping they are going to keep him rearfacing after he turns one (i've sent them a link to this site and info on ERF in hopes that it will work)
I'm also going to be buying it online since i'm in Newfoundland and they are in Alberta.
Any websites with a sale or cheap shipping would be helpful or a suggestion as to which carseat to get would be helpful. I dont want to spend alot of money but am willing to go up to $200.

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What vehicle(s) will the seat be installed in? It's easier to make a good recommendation if we know this information, since some seats and vehicles are more difficult installs than others.

-Nicole.

featherhead

The Triumph is on sale on toysrus.ca as well as sears.ca. It might be good to go with a seat they are already familiar with.

bubbaray

TJs has the Radian on sale for $199. Not a great seat RFg (can be tricky install, plus it takes up a lot of room), but it has high top slots once child is turned FFg. http://www.tjskids.com/cart.asp?whi...brand=0&expand=categories&pagesize=&item=3820

TJs also has the TrueFit (in a beige cover I've not seen elsewhere) and IIRC, it was around $149. Not sure on that price. Zellers also has the TF on sale frequently at $150.

Sears.ca has the Triumph for $139 http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B001...-0415948?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=APS

BRU has that same Triumph for $119 and a different Triumph for $149.
http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2799922&cp=2582967.2799922

My fave convertible seat is still the MA -- its so easy to use both RFg and FFg, high top slots for FFg, easy to install in a wide variety of vehicles. Cute covers. Perhaps you could go in with another relative and increase your budget?

missycourteney

I know one of the cars is a Chevy Cobolt all i know about the other one is its an suv, i'm trying to get ahold of them to get more info
I was looking at the Truefit, it looks like a pretty good seat, an ok price range as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC