how is ALLSTATE insur with replacing seats

ginny4

the other driver has ALL state insurance & i'm wondering how "THEY" handle the replacement. do they just write you a check for the amount the seatsin your car are & then you buy whatever you want? do they require you to buy the exact seat again? do they let you pick whatever you want to replace with & reimburse in full no matter the cost?
anyone with experience with allstate?

ADS

TerisBoys

My friend is an Allstate agent - when he wrote my policy, I asked, and he said that they evaluate on a case-by-case basis.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
When we were hit the guy had Allstate and they gave me the value of the seat when I bought it. I could buy whatever I wanted with that.

They also gave us each $100 for our "injuries" (we were rear ended by a guy who was rear ended by a drunk, at 35-45 mph, both other cars were totalled, I drove away after some modifications). So I replaced the seat in the other car too. LOL

Wendy

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Allstate replaced one for us when we were hit by a weird lady. They asked what the seat was, how much would it cost to replace it (cost of the same seat now), and sent a check for that amount. It was in our mailbox in 2 days. Then we were free to do what we wanted with the money (same seat, different seat, whatever.) No receipts or anything required.

ginny4

great i like it that way. i wanted to replace the 2 (inexpensive seats) that have to be & buy just 1 big seat. i can work with my extra seats & seating positions & i won't use too much over the insurance money. i'm calling on monday to see where we are at on the claim

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC