Graco cuddle bag

canadiangie

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B0018OZT58/002-5475008-9886456?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core

Any thoughts on this? Anyone seen how the slits are for the harness? (vertical velcro a la JJ Cole, or more like Jolly Jumper back in the day).

Anyone know if these work in the SS1?

I know this item was available in the US for a blip in time about a year ago. Sort of a hit/miss item sold at places like Burlington Coat Factory and the like. I'm suprised (read: semi disapointed) to see it here. :confused:

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm sure I've seen US techs mention that they're ok to use since Graco tests them with their seats - I'm not sure if it would be both the snugride and the SS1 or just the snugride though.

I looked on both the US & Canada Graco sites and can't find this product, so I can't find any other information about it.

If Graco ok'ed it with the snugride and the harness could be adjusted snugly, I'd be ok with it being used on a snugride - simply because of the brand match & manufacturer allowing it... I've never seen one to have a definitive opinion though. :thumbsup:

eta: I googled it & looked at google images as well... no other images aside from the one sears is using in the first 11 pages, and nothing really descriptive in the general google search. :shrug-shoulders:

canadiangie

Yes, it's one of these weird, almost mystical products. I'm not surprised it's not on Graco's site(s). That's been the word on this thing for as long as I've known it indeed exists.

And yes, the whole crash tested manufacture approved theory would apply here.

I guess what I am mostly wondering about is the actual fit in terms of harness re-routing. I'd love to see one IRL.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Why do you think there is a slit at the top and then harness slots :confused: I think someone should order it. Sears has it on their website for $60 :eek:

Last edited:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
It's made like the bundle me's from that picture. The slit at the top is for a 3pt harness to thread through. The vertical slits are for a 5pt harness to thread through.

Which means it won't fit nicely on a carseat at all. :( :thumbsdown:

mykidsmylife

This is what Graco said to me....

Heidi,
Thank you for contacting Consumer Services. We appreciate your interest
in our products. The Fleece Snug Sak you are interested in is
manufactured by HIS Juveniles. It has been safety tested with Graco
SnugRide and SafeSeat Step 1 infant seats. Graco-branded accessories
would not void the warranty of a Graco infant seat. If you need further
assistance, please contact us again. Thank you for checking.

Please include all correspondence when replying.
Thank you,
Lynn W.
Consumer Services

Jewels

Senior Community Member
This is what Graco said to me....

Heidi,
Thank you for contacting Consumer Services. We appreciate your interest
in our products. The Fleece Snug Sak you are interested in is
manufactured by HIS Juveniles. It has been safety tested with Graco
SnugRide and SafeSeat Step 1 infant seats. Graco-branded accessories
would not void the warranty of a Graco infant seat. If you need further
assistance, please contact us again. Thank you for checking.

Please include all correspondence when replying.
Thank you,
Lynn W.
Consumer Services

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :scratcheshead:

mykidsmylife

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :scratcheshead:

yeah exactly.. And I asked how they crash tested it but she didnt answer that part.

We had the bundle me in a spare infant carrier when Seth was a baby. We used it for the stroller or when outside only. But the straps were just fine. I even tried him in it w/o the bundle me and the straps fit the same. They were still tight.. So this would probably be safe depending on how they carsh tested it..
Maybe I can contact the people who marketed it and see what they say?

I want to get to the bottom of this. LOL.

Shanora

Hmm, a trip to sears to take pictures might be in order....lol....I doubt I'd be able to get out of the house today (I'm home sick from work...lol) but I might be able to check it out this weekend....

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
This is a bundle me lite in an SS1. The hip straps come out of the slits a *good* 3 inches away from the hip strap slots (and that's not even taking the shoulder slots into account yet - which also come no where near the slit openings)... definitely not a good fit. :(
2072608016_1ef875f9da.jpg

I haven't seen the Graco IRL, but I can't honestly see how it could fit any better when it has the same basic design.

I also wonder how they crash tested it? I'm not so concerned with the thickness, but with the ill fitting strap placement (which is not exactly part of crash testing).

mykidsmylife

This is a bundle me lite in an SS1. The hip straps come out of the slits a *good* 3 inches away from the hip strap slots (and that's not even taking the shoulder slots into account yet - which also come no where near the slit openings)... definitely not a good fit. :(

I haven't seen the Graco IRL, but I can't honestly see how it could fit any better when it has the same basic design.

I also wonder how they crash tested it? I'm not so concerned with the thickness, but with the ill fitting strap placement (which is not exactly part of crash testing).

That is crazy! The definetly fit much better in my old snugride.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Jolly jumper has moved to those vertical slits now too. Although at least the hip strap isn't affected as badly as with the JJ Col bundle me's. :rolleyes:

Your concern is exactly what mine is with that design. I wonder though if this particular manufacturer has added something additional in the way of slits in the bottom of the seat to compensate for the hip straps?

What bugs me is it's basically an aftermarket cover that Graco has said "ok, go ahead and use" and then let the manufacturer put Graco's name on it.

Maybe it's still fair to let the jury remain out until someone can try one in the seat? I dunno... I hate those vertical slits. I know why they're doing it that way, but I hate them.

mykidsmylife

Well I emailed HIS juvenille and asked exactly how they crash tested this sak. Hopefully they will be willing to answer for me.
I will update when I hear back from them..

canadiangie

My concern with modern day cuddle bags (read: not nearly as thick/padded as the homemade ones or even the oldest Jolly Jumper ones seem to be) is the harness re-routing. Having vertical slits with velcro where the harness is forced to be brought up to the "hole" (a horizontal slot above the vertical velcro) and then be brought down over the baby's shoulders is far from safe IMO. I won't even get into the hip straps and crotch buckle yuckiness of it all. :thumbsdown:

If I thought a trip to Sears would provide me with an opportunity to see this thing and try it in a SR and SS1 (is anyone else amazed they're saying it's for both a SR AND SS1??!! :confused:) I'd drive there today. Has anyone actually seen one of these in stores? I stalk the baby section of just about everywhere and haven't seen one IRL yet.

I'm giving it a major thumbsdown for now. It isn't the first manufacturer approved product that's "crash tested" to be a piece of crap afterall. :whistle:

Misty-Bug

call me crazy but I really don't see the point of these. Maybe in strollers but not in carseats. It doesn't look like it fits well at all. Why not just use a blanket tucked around baby once baby is in the seat? It is a carrier anyway.

I have seen so much stuff like that used and personally I don't get it now. And the snuzzle me.

Just because it says graco doesn't mean it should be used. Doesn't the mighty tite say SSK? Just call me a knob. lol :whistle: :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC