Piper said the Wizard hurt her belly this morning

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Which is news to me! She'd been in the Radian all weekend (new tongs and chest clip) and then this morning she gets into the Wizard and says that her belly hurts because the seat makes her slump, and she can't sit up any straighter. I told her that the Nautilus only comes in gray, I can't get a pink one yet, and she said that that's ok, she wants me to go out and buy her a new seat while she's at school.

I haven't driven straight to Target yet to buy one (good me, I was in my car with my credit cards and everything). This just seems so sudden! She's been in this seat for four years next month. It has never hurt her. I haven't changed a thing. She's still got about 1/2-3/4" left on her shoulder. She's only 37 pounds and barely a 5T. She didn't mention this yesterday on the way home from the airport, or about the Wizard in Nathan's car (which does sit more upright as he's in a flat backseated Audi and I've got a super sloped backseat in my Nissan.

The fact that she said she doesn't care if it's not pink is what got my attention. I'd love to buy her a new seat, no question, but I want to wait until she outgrows this one. And until Graco comes out with a pink or girly cover for her.

Have you guys heard of belly pain all of a sudden in the car? She wasn't crying, she just said it hurt.

Wendy

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Kinlee all of the sudden started complaining about her Marathon. For her it was her legs from where it hit her thigh. Just one day she started complaining about it and hadn't the day before and nothing had changed. We made the switch to the Regent at that point.

solmama

Maybe she got comfortable with the Radian and then realized her other seat hurt her. Can you install it more upright?

The Target Nautilus is really nice and the fabric is plush-I bet she'd like it.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
If it were me, I'd give it a few days before juming into a new seat! My dd can come up with things like that but then a few days later all is fine.

MissAllyLou

What's her belly pad like? I had similar complaints from a 6 year old, and it turns out the belly pad was missing. I don't know if yours is missing, or if it's lost some of it's cushiness (is that a word??) from being used for so long. I'd check that first before buying a gray seat :) .

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Do her feet touch in one car but not the other? Maybe she is sliding down in a way she doesn't in the Audi.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Thanks, all.

She doesn't use the belly pad. Hasn't for years. Even if I try her out in a seat in the store she rips the belly pad and shoulder covers off of whatever seat she's in. I have the cover somewhere, though, I should ask her if that would help.

Her feet reach the front seat in both cars, though I may be able to put my passenger seat back a bit more to make it even closer. Good suggestion.

Hard day, I took a nap on the couch with some kitties rather than buy a carseat. It won't take her more than one or two complaints to convince me to buy her a new seat, though. LOL I really want to. hehe Buy some new harnesses for the Wizards and put them up on craigslist for sale.

Wendy

a_js

How tall is she these days? I notice as ds gets taller (my parents have a Wizard for him) he seems to slouch a bit more. He is 41". He hasn't complained, though.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
She's 42.5" with .5-.75" left in the harness.

She didn't mention anything on the way home from school about it.

Wendy

Kat_Momof3

well, I'd just check... maybe she's saying this because she has spurted and the slots are not high enough anymore?

otherwise, just thinking of the few times Ruthie has complained... could she have been constipated or due to poop soon?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, the slots are fine. She's about to spurt. Eating us out of house and home.

Irrelevant now. When the Mariposa Nautilus is on the shelves she's getting one. :)

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC