Looking for ERF seat that sits lower than MA

kidrepair

We are about at the end of our RA heightwise rf, we do have a MA but it pushes the driver so far forward and we have a van with only one sliding door, so options are limited to where she sits rf. It's an older van so the seat cannot be pushed back like newer captains chairs can. We tried the EFTA, she hates the harness it seemed to dig into her neck, the TF looks like you cannot access the adjustor, how about the new AOE, does that sit lower than the MA, any other options. I am open to the Avenue but again the harness adjustor looks so low, the slot was very deceiving when I checked it out at Kmart, it looked nice and high until I put my finger into it and realized how low it really is. We already have a Scenera in my parents van, but do not like it for an everyday seat. I really want to keep her rf much longer but love the RA, why can't it have a seatback just a little taller but not as tall as the MA, lol

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Have you tried the TF in the car? It may be a hassle, but you may find it worth it.

The Radian sits low, but it has the foot that forces the angle, so it may not work for you unless you have very sloped seats or you're able to get it in more upright.

Wendy

kidrepair

We have a RN, I also tried that but the top of the RN actually sits on top of the drivers seat, obviously I could put it forward but when my DH drives on the weekends he can't stand it. I did try the MA as upright as I could get it but her head totally flops forward when sleeping, with her being almost 2 I know it's not dangerous but just looks so uncomfortable. The TF looks as tall as the MA, even though it has no base it just looks as tall to me, does it not sit up as tall, I saw it at Target and really liked it. Thanks

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, it doesn't sit any higher in the car than the MA. It is taller, but no shell, so overall it sits an inch or two lower? Plus with being right on the seat rather than on a base it kind of moves the whole seat back as well.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC