I am LOVING the Priori!

Splash

This is the PERFECT seat! I love it! I can't say a single bad thing about it (unless the crotch strap doesn't adjust... haven't tried so I don't know for sure).

There are FIVE harness slots. The bottom one is freaky low... as low as the bottom of my SS1 (~6 in each, just measured). The top slot is right about 16, maybe a hair less, but it FITS way different. Charlie has AT LEAST an inch to grow in this, where he is about halfway between slots 2-3 on the Regent and only about an inch, or less, below the top of the MA. I believe this would last him height wise just as long.

The RF recline is AMAZING. Really, it is. I would have no qualms putting a newborn in this. It would be nice to be able to make it a bit more upright for older kids, but I can forgive that. It's sits pretty high up when RF, making it easier to puzzle, less obstructive for the front seat, and WAY easier to load a kid into. But when FF, it doesn't sit that high up. The back is high, as high as the BV IF you take into account the size of the base (so the MCP doesn't sit up as high, but the seat itself is as tall, just without the huge base on it). The SIP is deep and nice, harness thick, seet deep (way deeper than the MA or BV). It doesn't have a RF tether but the way the seat sits makes that a moot point, it is not gonna rebound. It has independent recline for FF (no need to uninstall or reinstall the seat), REALLY nice lock offs, and just a BREEZE to install FF with the belt, I wouldn't even use LATCH (the nice Safeguard alligator style clips) FF because the belt is so easy. RF is 35 pounds.

The instructions for installation are REALLY good and also say that the seat MUST face the rear for children 5-35 pounds (I am so not kidding you)

It's fairly narrow, and the fabric is very breathable, way moreso than the Britax seats. Almost mesh. I am sorely tempted to move Charlie into before the baby comes...

This seat is AWESOME! Worth the MSRP, and definitely worth what I paid! I don't know why people say it's not worth it, but are willing to recommend a RA. Charlie outgrew the RA RF right around his first birthday, and FF by 18 months, by height. At three years old, he can STILL fit in this FF and is just a nudge too tall RF. Really, for us, it would have been a much better buy from the beginning than getting BVs (since he moved into Regents shortly after turning FF).

I love love love love love this seat. LOVE it. Did I mention that I :love::love::love: this seat?

PS- You might have missed it, but I love this seat. Big love. Like the kind you leave your spouse for.

Okay, maybe not *that* extreme... but close.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Holy smokes. I have to give this a more thorough once over the next time I see one!!

So, you love it, huh? hehe

Wendy

Morganthe

Heh, heh, Welcome to the dark side :evil grin:
Now you understand why I adored :love::love:our Euro Maxi-cosi, even though it was the FF'd only style. :D Everything was such a plus. :thumbsup:
If I happened to have another little one, even with the difficulty in harness adjustments, I'd likely go with it from the start. :whistle:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I had one at the last seat check I was at, and I noticed the manual was well-written, too. I also really like it - it was pretty easy to install, fit the baby well, seemed easy to use, and like you said, it just "fits" well in the vehicle seat.

I don't know that I'd ever buy one (in that "someone dropped a baby on my doorstep" scenario :D ), but maybe we should put it on our "list" for those who are looking to use a convertible from birth? If it's used from birth, the cost and the fact that the top harness slots aren't as high as other convertibles isn't as much of a factor.

BabyKaykes

I've said before, I would definately use it from birth, but wouldn't buy it for a kid outgrowing a bucket. I think it's a nice seat, just tiny. My 34mo has long outgrown it RF. If I had more patience I'd sit in the store long enough to figure out how to change the harness height. Did you figure that out?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
If I had more patience I'd sit in the store long enough to figure out how to change the harness height. Did you figure that out?

If I remember correctly, to change the harness setting, you just loosen the harness and pull the splitter plate out the side of the belt path.

BabyKaykes

If I remember correctly, to change the harness setting, you just loosen the harness and pull the splitter plate out the side of the belt path.

I hadn't heard that before. I think there's some sort of door covering it....If I can get to BRU without an impatient 2.5yo one day, maybe I'll play with it.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I've said before, I would definately use it from birth, but wouldn't buy it for a kid outgrowing a bucket. I think it's a nice seat, just tiny. My 34mo has long outgrown it RF. If I had more patience I'd sit in the store long enough to figure out how to change the harness height. Did you figure that out?

The top slots are taller than the Roundabout, as is the seatback. It may not get kids all the way to 40 lb, but it's not horribly short, either. (Actually, it would get *my* kids to 40 lb, but they are long legged.)

Close. You have to recline the seat. This is very important. It's impossible to do if the seat is upright. Recline the seat, open the door, then pull the splitter plate out to the side. Then, good luck keeping the straps untwisted as you maneuver in the 3" of slack. You can't even fit a hand all the way into the area to follow the strap from the seat out checking for twists. I think the Priori is a great alternative to the Roundabout, but that harness is a huge PITB.

Splash

I haven't even tried changing it.

It fits okay RF in the back. Better than the BV, for sure. The BV has to be bolt upright, WAY too upright for any kid under 8 months or so. This can be really reclined taking up the same amount of space. It's big, front to back, but still fits RF in a Forester (barely, but barely counts!) and not any bigger than a lot of convertibles.

For comparison, Charlie has outgrown by height the RA, Scenera, CS, Titan, AOE, Cosco highback boosters, and needs the top slots in a MA. He actually outgrew most of those a year ago or more. Yet he fits in this guy. And WANTS it. But... new for baby.

I didn't think I would love it this much, but I do. And I will ultra love it with a newborn. I like the EFTA a LOT... but I like this more. I like it more than my Boulevards. I like it more than... almost any seat ever.

I'm just shocked at how Charlie fits in it. Really.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I expect there will be profanity the first time you have to change the harness. ;) It's just really bad. Really.

Bad.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I expect there will be profanity the first time you have to change the harness. ;) It's just really bad. Really.

Bad.

ROFL! Yeah, the origninal MCP was very swear worthy, too :cool:

Glad you like it so much, Splash, I know you tried it when it first came out and were impressed with the growing room.

Splash

Well, if the harness is gonna be that hard to change, I'm not changing it just for pictures! But I'll snap some of him sitting in it showing where the top slot is.

As far as the harness... well, if it sucks, it sucks. I'm only gonna do it four times/kid, six at the most (if the kid for some reason goes FF then back again). I think I can manage that over a 3 year period. I've installed the Regent in my car more times than that in the last six months, and THAT is something worthy of language!

mimieliza

So would be a good alternative to the RA for those of us with small seat backs who want a RFing seat with a shorter shell?

If my RA had gotten M to two years RFing, it would have been a great seat, but she barely made it to 19 months. It's just too short.

Splash

It's got a much longer shell, but the way it reclines (rocking inside a frame, versus just slanting back) makes it small enough front to back, but loads more RF time than a RA.

Here are some pictures! I lied, he's got WAY more growing room in this than his BV, so probably more than a MA as well. He's leaning all the way back, but I had to move him to the side because his hair was blocking the slot. That is a piece of cardboard stuck through the top harness slot. The BV is adjusted to the top slot. I took one of headroom as well... but you can just barely make out how much he has above his head, about an inch. I'd probably feel safe still RF him, but he's at the weight limit, anyway.

Last edited:

TerisBoys

Wow :)

One of my friends had one of the original FF only Priori's and those had uber-high slots too.

Love his eyes Estelle :)

Mylilboyblue

I really liked this seat back when I was looking for a convertable for DS, but the reviews kept me from really looking at it and considering it. :rolleyes:

bummer.

My loss. Next time maybe! :whistle:

I second what Teriboys said....He has really beautiful eyes. :love:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow, glad you love it!

I hate it. :whistle:

30 months, 26 pounds

bru008.jpg

Actually, at this point she had outgrown the Blvd by height, so she did have slightly more growing room in the Priori. But, she could barely wedge her shoulders in it.

laccaycol

I dont think you could RF that long in the Priori. I did like the seat however and i would use it from birth up but not for a child that has outgrown the bucket seat. here are some pics of C in it he was 8 months old at the time.

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

Next to the Roundabout
DSC01054.jpg

Yes the bottom slots are shorter than the scenera
DSC01023.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC