IF there were a US seat that went to 40 lbs or more rear-facing would you buy it?....

Would you buy such a seat?

• I have a child who wouldl fit in it rear-facing and I would buy it.

Votes: 121 71.6%
  • I have a child who would fit rear-facing and I wouldn't buy it.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I don't have a child who would fit rear-facing but I would buy it anyway!

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • I don't have a child who would fit in it and wouldn't buy it.

Votes: 9 5.3%

• Total voters
ADS

Momof4Girls

All 4 of my girls are under 40lbs. LOL I'd turn them all RF, if only they fit height-wise! Taking an existing seat and adding a 40lb limit wouldn't make a difference for me. My kids outgrow RF seats by height long before weight.

Raechel

U

Unregistered1

Heck yes I would! A is still under 40 lbs (although I still haven't heard from them) but RFing her would be AWESOME!

ginny4

as of lately i'm getting frustrated with getting my DS in & out of the seat RF. he could be giving me trouble because well he's 2. but it on my nerves i have the "I want a different view" to me he made it to the 1st goal which was 2 & 30lbs but i wonder just how long i'm gonna deal with the annoyance. i know he is safer RF but i don't think realisticly i would keep him til 40lbs RF if i had the choice. my next goal is 2.5yo if his weight makes it that long

skaterbabs

If they had one Joy would fit in RF, you can bet your bottoms she would be RF. And she's almost 5.

jka1217

I would buy it as long as it was a tall seat. DD at just over 20 months is now 31 pounds with just pajamas and breakfast in her, I'd imagine she's closer to 32 fully dressed, wet diaper and full stomach. I would like to have the extra weight limit so I don't have to weigh her all the time, nervous that she'll go over.

I would at least like to make it to 2 years with her, I think I can get close with a 35 pound seat, but a 40 pound seat would be even better if there was one.

Shaunam

If it was tall enough and had enough leg room and not outrageously priced, yeah probably. DS likes to be rf'ing. And of course, down the road for DD especially, she could really benefit from super erf'ing. :p

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not sure how to vote. It wouldn't work for me now, so I wouldn't buy one. But if I had a kid who would fit, I would most likely get it. I definitely think it would be a great option.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't know. AJ is 45# so he's the only one not rfing right now, but he's in the 3rd row of the van so I'm not sure how that would work. I hate loading in the trunk and at 5, I'm o.k. w/ ffing at 45#.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My daughter hit 40 pounds around age five. I probably would not have had her rear-facing at that age. I probably would have bought the seat just to have the option, though.

laccaycol

Yes i would:thumbsup: I like to be the different one:p I would keep Colton RF to 5 if i could. He was 24 pounds at his 18 month check up and i hope he doesnt hit 35 before he is 3, 4 would be better but not sure if i can make it that long but i really want to. If i could figure out a way to import a Multi-Tech i would but dont know anyone going to Sweden in the near future:( I keep trying to get my sister to go cuz she likes cruises but she always goes to St. Thomas and around there:thumbsdown:

kangato2roos

I have one child who would fit and one who wouldn't. I went ahead and clicked I would buy it even though I probably wouldn't since I don't need it. I would like to have that option for other people though!

My kids are usually 3-4 before hitting 30 pounds, 5 or so before hitting 35 pounds, and 6+ before hitting 40 pounds. I can already rear-face to 5+ years old. I do know that's not an option for everybody (most people really), so I think it would be good for them.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
if it were cheap, then yes, for dd, who is 3.75 yo and 36 pounds.
for ds? No..he's a tiny little peanut and I expect him to get past 4 RFing in his 35 pound seat.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I would. I'm hoping that I won't need a new seat for new baby until next fall(Sept 2009-ish). If there is a seat that will allow us to RF past 35 pounds, I'm sure we'd be all over it. I've buried one baby...I don't want to bury anymore.

Susan

Citrine

For me it depends on the child. My first child 4yr 34lb 41in. Second child 1yr10mo 22lb 31in. I think for my first on I would keep her RF till 40lb unless she gets a growth spurt. It all depends.

kittykate

If my kids weren't peanuts, then I would, but right now its looking like they will outgrow the seats by height way before they hit the max rearfacing weight.

Ice Princess

With everything I know about RF I would in a heart beat. like others it would have to be a taller shell since my ds out grew his seat by height rf rather then weight.
Plus it would be a good conversation starter when people saw me loading my 4+ child in a seat rf. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC