Update This Weekend

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The new software version will probably be installed some night or morning between Friday and Sunday.

Because the new version is substantially improved, there will be a number of minor layout and appearance changes inititally. Also, the chat room may be interrupted until the new chat room integration feature is installed.

The downtime should be less than 30 minutes, I hope.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The first part of the update is complete. The forum and chat room integration should be working for the most part. All of the styles will look different as I had to revert all the customizations back to the default settings. I am in the process of customizing them again, but in the mean time things will look different, especially those styles in the "Vbulletin3" and "Nightshift" categories.

Many things have been updated. Features have been added. Usergroup permissions may have been altered. The chat room integration is modified. All these things are subject to change for a while. Some new features may be disabled, others may be enabled. Please don't get used to anything for now.

If you spot any errors, get any weird behavior, have any comments, can't see stuff you used to see, whatever it is that changed, please reply here! Thank you!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Oooo... *browses*

Don't get used to anything? Where's the fun in that? :D

I'm not really sure how tags work, either, but I know what they are. They classify a post or thread, kind of like how you can add tabs to a textbook so you can turn right to that page more easily, yk? I'm just not sure how to use them online.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Tags are definitely keywords for searching. They are related to the search cloud, a popular feature in blogs.

Most features will remain. The verdict is still out on personal photo albums, private usergroups and some other features.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'm seeing one change - under usercp, deleted threads that you get rep for no longer just disappear w/ the comments... yay! Instead, the deleted threads remain, along w/ comments, however, the title is marked N/A. :D

Shanora

I figured out there was a change, when I went to click on the "quick links" and clicked "chat room" instead.....lol...they have switched spots.....

Gone to check everything out......

MySillyKids

Picture4.png

What are those question marks?

they're driving me batty!!

thx.

if its not obvious, i'm using Safari on a mac. lol.

HEVY

Never see any *?* But I have to search for the new posts, not used to it being moved.

Wait my page doesn't look like MSK's.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Picture4.png

What are those question marks?

they're driving me batty!!

thx.

if its not obvious, i'm using Safari on a mac. lol.

It appears your browser isn't picking up the graphic icon for threads that have search tags. Instead of the tiny price tag image, you are getting a missing image question mark indicator. I'm not familiar with Safari, but that seems like a good guess.

Is anyone else not seeing the search tag icon? If you mouse over it, you should see the underlying search terms.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
That's how it should be. Seems like your browser can't access the image. Perhaps your service provider has stuff from our site cached. Maybe in a day or two the new images will come through for you, since this one is brand new with the update last night.

Here is the image below this. If you are getting an X or a ? then for whatever reason your browser just doesn't recognize that the image exists or the file formate (.png)

Image Below

tag.png

Image Above

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC