I got a Signo! Lot of Pics

firemomof3

Well, just so all of you wouldn't feel so bad about being car seat crazy, I went out and bought a Signo for my 11mo. son.....a seat I really didn't need but well, you understand :D
I LOVED how it fit him, it just wrapped around him so perfectly. It does sit up high when installed and its HEAVY! Also, the seat is extreamly shallow and will obviously not support his legs when he is older. To show you this I also included a picture of my 4.75y/o in the seat. She has plenty of growing room but just look at her legs..no support whatsoever. The harness is SUPER easy and the seat just reaks of quality. My 2y/o also had to try out the seat.
Variousseats002-Copy.jpg

Variousseats008-Copy.jpg

Variousseats005.jpg

Variousseats006-Copy.jpg

ADS

Mama!

My dd is tall, skinny and nearly 5 yo. She rode in the Signo recently for a trip and she didn't complain about her legs. Hopefully it wont be an issue!

firemomof3

Oh, no kidding! Thats good to know for the future. I think my son will be able to stay rf for a while and he is just so cumfy in the signo! Husband doesn't know yet....:p

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Gosh I hate the new Cosco crotch buckle they started using. It's way up high on little bellies :(

Mama!

It is. I miss the old square buckle on our original como.

If I known, I would have switched it out :whistle:

PixieEMT

Weird but the harness retainer looks like one from a FPSVD? :confused:

Where are the Recaro seats manufactured at ?

I'm not familiar with thoses seats at all.

Peony

5y old DD1 has been riding in the Signo that I bought for DD2 since she outgrew the MA's, she has never once complained about her legs. :thumbsup: They look uncomfy to me, but apparently not or or else she'd tell me about it!

southpawboston

they may look uncomfortable to some, but one of the reasons we got recaro seats for ou kids is because they at least *claim* that their seats are designed to strict ergonomically correct standards (whether that's just blowing smoke or there's some truth to that claim, i will never really know for sure). they also happen to make the most comfortable and supportive adult vehicle seats in the world, so i wouldn't be surprised if they extended that philosophy to their child seats.

our kids never complained about any of their recaros... even on 8 hour drives. and whenever DD1 used a different seat, she asked why it didn't have those nice "pillows" like her normal (recaro) seat.

KJAJ&RJ'sMommy

Hi again! LOL!!! So are these good quality seats? I mean I know that they have to be to put your baby in one but I really am loving how deep into the seat he is!

firemomof3

Hi again! LOL!!! So are these good quality seats? I mean I know that they have to be to put your baby in one but I really am loving how deep into the seat he is!

I also own a Recaro Young Sport that my daughter used till she hit 40lbs. and its been my favorite seat so far. The Recaros are very heavy, I mean really heavy. They seem very well made to me, except the cheapy crotch buckle (good catch Aurora!). My Young Sport has the older crotch buckle which I do like better. I do love the fit the Signo provides for my son, and the harness is sooo much easier to tighten. Here is a picture of my daughter the day she outgrew the Young Sport :crying:, you can see how nicley it fits her:
kadensparty017.jpg

southpawboston

interesting about the crotch buckle difference on the signo versus YS. we have both, and while i like the square-buttoned YS buckle better, i have to say that the round one on the signo does a better job at keeping the straps nice and flat. the YS's kept folding over at the tongues. that is my only gripe about the YS besides the 40lb harness limit.

as for the "quality" of them, that's debatable. there was a slew of QC problems when the first comos and signos (which are made in china) appeared last year (at least three separate problems), and recalls as well. on the other hand, the YS, start, and youngstyle have had no recalls and no QC issues that i am aware of... these are/were all made in the US. i think recaro has addressed all the QC problems with the como and signo, so we'll see how they stand up to the test of time.

FWIW, the como and signo are certified not only to US FMVSS213 standards but also to the european union ECE44.04 standard. this is clearly stated in the manuals, and i don't know of many other seats sold in the US that make that claim. they are different but similar standards, and for me at least, it's nice to know they conform to both.

KJAJ&RJ'sMommy

Man I love the way she fits in that seat!! I wonder why you can only harness until 40# with that one? I went on the website last night and I loved the way this seat is so... I bought it! I got in the midnight desert for $229 from babycatalog.com! It was the cheapest I could find so I snaped it up. I also ordered my older boys the Frontier in canyon so that they will match somewhat. :p

southpawboston

$229 is a GREAT price for a new signo! both of ours are in midnight desert as well. :thumbsup: what kind of car will it be going in and will it be RF or FF?

KJAJ&RJ'sMommy

I have a 2007 Toyota Sienna LE8. I just got it about 2 weeks ago and LOOOOOOOOVE it! So far I've had 5 carseats with great installs in there at one time! My boys ride 3 across in the middle row with FF RF FR. Right now my 8mo is in the snugride. I can't wait to get the new seat for him!!! Do you have and pics of you midnight desert? Can you pm them if you do? I'd love to see the fabric in an actual pic and not a stock pic. It looks so soft and comfy! :thumbsup:

KJAJ&RJ'sMommy

Oh wow! That was an AWESOME review and your pics rock!!! Thank you sooooo much for sharing. I am feeling more and more confident in my decision. I can't thank you guys enough for all of your help!!! :D:love::thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC