Happy 7th Anniversary Car-Seat.Org

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
It is now 7 years since Car-Safety.Org and Car-Seat.Org began in early April of 2001. Growth has almost doubled again in the past year. We are quickly approaching the status of being among the busier forums on the internet, and quite likely the busiest forum about Child Passenger Safety issues.

We now average about 500-600 registered community members who visit each day. Our total membership is over 4400 users after a recent purge of inactive members. Almost 1500 of those 4400 members have been active within the last month.

We average around 500 concurrent users (members+guests) throughout the day, excluding search engine spiders that had inflated this number previously. Nearly 10,000 unique visitors come to our websites each day (about 75% of that traffic is now to the forums). To give you some idea of how many are regular visitors, the number is about 100,000 unique visitors a month. The forums alone generate well over 500,000 hits each day and the database has increased to over 375,000 posts.

A typical day gets over 100 new threads containing over 1000 new posts. 10-25 new users register each day.

Like last year, here are the top 10 search phrases that account for major search engine referrals to our forums in March of 2008:

10) Car Seat Org
9) Car Seats
8) Child
7) Car Seat Forum
6) Car Seat Reviews
5) Combi Recall
4) Forums
3) Car-Seat.Org
2) Graco Nautilus
1) Britax Frontier

In the last year, Car-Seat.Org has began accepting donations and sponsors to cover the skyrocketing costs of hosting a busy forum like this one ( http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=20767 ) . Thanks to our members, we have moved to a new provider and the forums are running much faster with fewer problems. We are still proud to have no pop-ups or click-through ads. Only bottom banners are currently accepted from our sponsors to be as unobtrusive as possible. We've also had a minor facelift and content update as well as some other improvements ( http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=30964 ). Our series of CEU and product chat room sessions has started again with 2 more sessions and 2 more in the near future.

Thank you again for making Car-Seat.Org your source for child passenger safety information and your community! It is our members who make this forum such a great one and we do appreciate it. Please pass our site along to all your friends and we also appreciate your referrals in the form of links on your websites ( http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=23660 ).

Here is a link to last year's thread for comparison:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=14045

From 2005:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=3092

From 2003:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=932

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Holy cow! Happy Anniversary!

Darren, I am sure you didn't imagine it coming this far.

I should dig back through my emails and find the one you sent me from way back when (I'm sure I have it archived *somewhere*). Who'd a thunk the little forums with the teal blue layout would come so far :). WTG Darren!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Happy birthday, Car-Seat.org! (And thank you, Darren)

And awww, Car-Seat.org is the same age as DS - he turned 7 on Monday! :love:

TXAggieTech

Happy Birthday!

It would be amazing if you had a stat on how many LIVES you have saved with this forum and how many children have been kept safe because of you!

KJAJ&RJ'sMommy

WOW! 7 years is a LOOONG time! I am newly registered, but have been here several times to research carseats and read people's reviews. I LOVE this site and I am soooo glad that I have found it. So here's to 7 more years of great car seat education! WAY TO GO!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Holy cow! Happy Anniversary!

I should dig back through my emails and find the one you sent me from way back when (I'm sure I have it archived *somewhere*). Who'd a thunk the little forums with the teal blue layout would come so far :). WTG Darren!

The ones where I had to beg to find a moderator to help on a forum that got a few new topics on a good day?

celtic1885

Wow! Congratulations on 7 years!
Darren, although I am fairly new here I wanted to tell you how appreciative I am for all that you and all the posters do to promote child safety.
Thanks to this website my children will be safer, and so will countless other children. Here's to many more years!

Thank you!
Christa

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Happy Anniversary Car-Seat.org!

And a big cyber high-five & you-deserve-the-rest-of-the-day-off to Darren for having faith that if he built it, they would come....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jdchic3

Happy anniversary Car-Seat.org!

Thanks Darren for giving us this place to educate and be educated! If it weren't for this site I'd have a FF twelve-month-old right now! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D

daycaremom2002

Happy Anniversary Car-seat.Org!!!

Thanks to Darren for all the hard work. This is a great place and a wonderful resource for people everywhere.

Thanks to everyone else for making this a place where all questions can be asked and kids can be made safer.

Loves2sing

I just want to say that I heart car-seat.org. Thank you Darren and all the other moderators who make this place possible. You have saved countless children's lives, (and have given me something to do in the day. lol)

Cheers!!!:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC