alright ladies -- what do you think?

Mae

here's the brochure i just made... whats your opinion/suggestions/comments?

DSCI1210.jpg

DSCI1212.jpg

ADS

MomToEliEm

Lots of info (good info), though it might be too much wording for some people. Bulleted lists highlighting information might be easier to read.

I think I would like to see the heading bolded in some way to tell the different sections.

I think I would find the information easier to read it it wasn't centered. I much prefer left justified columns.

All in all though, I think you did a great job. Do you think you might let some of us have a copy of your finished product?

Mae

i ran out of room actually to do all the editing i wanted... hm, i'll figure something out.. '

i'm totally all for sending you guys copies!.. i just don't know how :eek: lol, i dont know how to upload the actual brochure without taking pictures -- kwim?

CRS

Senior Community Member
The only problem I see is with copyright. You might have to change the pictures on front, they are copyrighted to their respective company. You could do a picture of a kid IN one of those seats, but not the stock photos taken from the manufacturer. I think the 5 step rule was taken from SafetyBeltSafe, perhaps at the bottom of that you could put a tiny little ©SafetyBeltSafe

ETA: I really hope you don't think I'm being picky lol, just constructive criticism hehe. I'm not saying you have to do what I say lol, just suggestions :p

• when you say "fits your needs" maybe it would be better as "suits your needs" ???

Other then that I can see a bit of rephrasing that needs to be fine tuned but otherwise it's a good amount of information crammed in to very little space :thumbsup:

southpawboston

not bad at all!

i have a few comments, on the layout and the content.

on the layout, left-justification or full-justification will look and read better, as opposed to the center-justification you have now. for your numbered or bulleted points, those should be left-justified.

regarding the importance of rear-facing, you've got it right about the data showing RF is 4x safer than FF, but we don't really know why. remember that the data suggested that the big advantage to RF is in side impacts, not so much front impacts, despite what everyone thinks. i don't think the data explain *why* RF is better. the bit about the back of the carseat absorbing the crash forces and keeping the body parts in alignment is really just speculation and should be deleted. i think you should just say that studies have concluded that RF is 4X safer than FF up to age 2. that's the age cut-off for that study. (or just say Rf is 4x safer... just leave out the speculation as to why).

other than that, i think it makes for a very thorough and easy to read pamphlet! :thumbsup:

Mae

The only problem I see is with copyright. You might have to change the pictures on front, they are copyrighted to their respective company. You could do a picture of a kid IN one of those seats, but not the stock photos taken from the manufacturer.

anybody have any pictures of their kids in an infant only seat, convertible seat, and ff only seat they'd let me use? i don't really know how to go about that either... i doubt most people would want pictures of their kids floating around... shoot.

CRS

Senior Community Member
not bad at all!

i have a few comments, on the layout and the content.

on the layout, left-justification or full-justification will look and read better, as opposed to the center-justification you have now. for your numbered or bulleted points, those should be left-justified.

I totally agree, I was thinking the same thing. Centre alignment bothers me somewhat, left alignment just seems a lot more professional/tidier/easier to read.

the bit about the back of the carseat absorbing the crash forces and keeping the body parts in alignment is really just speculation and should be deleted.

I'm not quite sure I follow you on that one though...

Mae

regarding the copyright, would it be ok if i put the whole ©Graco, ©Britax for it?

southpawboston

I'm not quite sure I follow you on that one though...

where has it been proven? i don't doubt the 4x data, but i don't think we should just lend our own speculation as to *why* it's 4x safer in a professional brochure. if there is an official document as to the "why", then that document should be quoted or referenced. the data is not really intuitive. in frontal crashes, RF wasn't significantly better then FF, but it was 4X safer in side impacts (based on the henary et al study). therefore all those mental images in our heads from youtube videos aren't jibing with the data. it's hard for us to mentally picture why it's so much safer in side impacts, but it is. it's easy for us to mentally picture why it is safer in frontal impacts, but the data doesn't agree with that picture.

Mae

also, i just figured that i'd be making this for my siblings and i copied most of the information from a thread on this website..

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=71739

how do i show that it's her wording or whatever.. i wouldn't want her to see it and get upset about it being hers.. you know? i emailed her and asked her if it would be ok if i quoted her, but she didn't get back, so i just went ahead and finished... how do i "copyright" her work??

Mae

oh, i see she did get back to me! i'm just an idiot!! lol, so now how do i give her credit?

southpawboston

oh, i see she did get back to me! i'm just an idiot!! lol, so now how do i give her credit?

just quote and italicize the passage that you are quoting, and add a line underneath it with the author's name, also italicized, like this:

"dfghjdkfgjhd sghdklghd klghdklghdklghdkg hdghdgkhdgkdhgkdhfgklhfklaj sdhfgadjfgeiwryfgasdfgjansfajlsdfnlw;ehriouwerydsfg hasfghasdfgasdkbfasbfaskdfhasdfiughasdfighasdlfhasdfkhasdkfhasdkfasdfk absdfklabsdf klabds"
-author

Mae

but basically the whole brochure is based off her thread.... so that could look at little funny lol. i mean there's parts here and there where i changed the words a little...

Mae

i believe me and her figured it out -- i'll post a final copy here shortly

CRS

Senior Community Member
regarding the copyright, would it be ok if i put the whole ©Graco, ©Britax for it?

No, without their express written permission (which I doubt you'd get, not because your pamphlet is bad or anything just that they can't be seen to be in any way associated with something in case of liability issues) you can't put it on. EVEN if you put the copyright symbol.

Mae

what if i just took a picture of my own infant seat? technically its not the manufactures photo... would that work?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
So you're just copying her text into your brochure? If you're not actually writing anything I would say "text by xxxxx (her). Modified by xxxx (you) " at the bottom.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC