alright ladies -- what do you think?

Mae

So you're just copying her text into your brochure? If you're not actually writing anything I would say "text by xxxxx (her). Modified by xxxx (you) " at the bottom.

i emailed her and asked her what she wanted me to do, and she told me.. so i've got that figured out! thanks though!:)

ADS

Mae

this is really throwing me off!! could anybody post pictures of an infant only seat, convertible seat, and FF only seat? since the pictures that i have on the cover of the brochure are the manufacturing pictures and i can't use them, idk what to do!! :confused:

Mae

okie dokie, i believe i'm done! (with the exception of figuring out what to do with the pictures, but i'll figure that out later. i believe if i think anymore, i might lose some important brain cells up there :D)

what do you think?

pB.jpg

pb2.jpg

any other suggestions? --and before anybody points it out, yes I know there's a column that is different text style than the others, I changed it about 3 times, but it just kept going back! I guess it changed back before I printed it.

I also forgot to add the stats of how many car seats are installed improperly-- I guess that'll have to be crammed in there somewhere as well.

Last edited:

diaperjoys

Jumping in to add....that brochure looks sooooooooo much nicer now! Good job!

And...would you mind if I had a copy for distribution? This is just what I've been searching for to give to the nurse at our pediatricians office. She has recently become very supportive of info on hwh and erf, and wants brochures to distribute at the office.

Let me know what you think!

Wineaux

If you click on the Go Advanced button, and then look on the row of editing icons on the top row, you will find a little paper clip next to the smiley face. Click on that. That will allow you to attach your document file of the brochure to your post. We can then download and save it to our computers. ;)

I hope that helps!

CPS_obsessed_EMT

Senior Community Member
I've been meaning to make a separate post about this (to see how many other people have heard it) but I was just at a video conference for CPS updates, and in it I learned that they are changing the 5 step test from
"do the child's knees bend comfortably at the knees?"
to
"do the child's feet touch the floor?"

Has anyone else received this update? I'd like to see the recent rule in the brochure...but I haven't seemed to see anyone mentioning it on the boards so I'm wondering how many others have actually heard anything about this? This was a pretty formal video conference put on by the state, so I'm not doubting its legitimacy, just haven't heard any talk about it on the boards..

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I've been meaning to make a separate post about this (to see how many other people have heard it) but I was just at a video conference for CPS updates, and in it I learned that they are changing the 5 step test from
"do the child's knees bend comfortably at the knees?"
to
"do the child's feet touch the floor?"

Has anyone else received this update? I'd like to see the recent rule in the brochure...but I haven't seemed to see anyone mentioning it on the boards so I'm wondering how many others have actually heard anything about this? This was a pretty formal video conference put on by the state, so I'm not doubting its legitimacy, just haven't heard any talk about it on the boards..

I have not heard this. Maybe you should make a separate post.

crunchierthanthou

I know there are slight changes to the CPS manual effective this May. I wonder if this is one of them. Currently, it states:

Proper booster seat fit:
• Sit with hips back against the booster seat, or against the vehicle seat for a backless booster, with knees bending comfortably at the front edge of seat.
• Keep the lap belt low and tight on hips.
• Place the shoulder belt across mid-chest and shoulder.
• Adjust the head restraint properly.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I know there are slight changes to the CPS manual effective this May. I wonder if this is one of them. Currently, it states:

I need to just sign up for my IC and then I can have the updates. My instructors really want me to do it. I am suposed to speak with one of them today to talk more about it.

valleyfam

First - wow I know that took a lot time and thought! I'd love a copy when you get it finished.

Second - is there a way to possibly add a line about HWH seats? I think most people do not realize there are seats that harness above 40 lbs?

Thank you for taking the time to work on this and share with us.:)

Mae

alright, I'll be adding the *final* copy today--any other suggestions?

I'll be putting in something about HWH, I would put in HBB vs. LBB, but there's no room. maybe I'll try to put in a little something. I'll also be adding some stats.. what do you guys think on updating the 5-step rule? should I put in the new updated one?

MomToEliEm

Would it be possible to bold the section heading titles? It might be easier to see the areas of the page if things like "Booster Seats, When to Use them" was bolded so people would know there are different sections of the pamphlet.

Great job!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
alright, I'll be adding the *final* copy today--any other suggestions?

I'll be putting in something about HWH, I would put in HBB vs. LBB, but there's no room. maybe I'll try to put in a little something. I'll also be adding some stats.. what do you guys think on updating the 5-step rule? should I put in the new updated one?

I would not make changes to the 5 step test until it is official. This was the 1st heard of it.

Mybe you could do 2 brochures, so you have enough room. One on Car seats RF ect and a sparate on on Boosters

Mae

I have a feeling that if I did 2, there's more of a chance that the parent wouldn't read it .."it would take too long, too much info, blah blah blah" the common excuses for misuse

Mae

i need some help-- whats the carseat that will hold the highest in lbs? isn't there one that will harness to 80lbs? (i'm not looking for the name, more of confirmation)

MomToEliEm

i need some help-- whats the carseat that will hold the highest in lbs? isn't there one that will harness to 80lbs? (i'm not looking for the name, more of confirmation)

Regent and Radian only ones that go to 80 pounds:

Britax Regent - top harness height is 20 inches. Can hold children from 22-80 pounds.
Sunshine Kids Radian - top harness height of 18 inches. Can hold a child up to 65/80 pounds (depending on the model)

These seats are still good contenders though:
Safeguard Child Seat - harnesses from 22-65 pounds. Top harness slot is 19" high.
Recaro Como/Signo (Signo is 18 inches, Como is 19 inches) and harnesses up to 70 pounds
Graco Nautilus - top harness height of 18.5 inches. Can hold children up to 65 pounds.

Mae

thanks! didn't want to put false info into this thing!

i thought there was somewhere on this site that said something about how 97% of cs are installed improperly, and of that 97%, 84% thought they were installed properly and weren't... or something... ? do you know what i'm talking about?
i got this part... "While some crashes are unsurvivable, over 57% of deaths for children 0-15 were because the child was unrestrained. Many more were improperly restrained. Nationally, the misuse rate for child safety seats is over 80% and as high as 95% in some areas. The good news is that correct use of car seats and boosters does save lives. Infant seats have been shown to reduce fatal injury by 71%, and toddler seats by 54%."

brooklynsmommy

The only thing that comfuses me is the wording after the whole what if their legs break question. I don't know if it isn't worded correctly, but it doesn't read very smoothly.
I would possible change "as it's not" to "and it has not (or hasn't)
I would remove the & between broken neck and risking paralysis and throw in a comma instead.

Now I may be completely gramatically wrong. If I am, someone please tell me to shut up! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC