Anybody wanna trade straps or have some to sell?

MOM25BOYS

I am in need of different colored straps to go on my MA. I currently have Navy Blue straps with the Navy Hugs. This just will not look right the Cowmoo cover that is on the way~Thx Lisa~!:D I would like to see if someone would like to trade for a set of tan, grey, or black or if someone had some extras they would like to sell? I can post pics of the the Navy straps if you would like, but they are in excellent condition! Thanks!

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Re: Anybody wanna trade straps or have some for sell?

You just missed the 'co-op' to order Britax parts. But anyway, just so you know...

I have a brand new MA with black strap set and wanted to buy/swap a set of beige for my AF and Foofy, but found out that the only way we can replace the adjustor strap is to cut it. And I didn't want to 'waste' a perfectly new adjustor strap, kwim?

Are you thinking of replacing the adjustor and buckle as well?

MOM25BOYS

Yes, I was wanting to change out the buckle and adjuster strap. I easily removed the old adjuster strap from my Husky to replace it with the new one without cutting it out. Could I not do that with the MA?

mom2acrew

Is it a replaced from the recall adjuster strap? If not the end will be sewn and not removable without cutting :(

MOM25BOYS

Yes, it was the recall replacement strap that I put on it. I have never changed straps on Britax seats before so any advice would be helpful in what to do about changing the colors. Thanks!:)

mom2acrew

You can buy a new adjuster strap in grey or tan for about $12 I think you have to call though. You'll probably be able to reuse the navy adjuster but someone else won't be able to trade you unless they have a recall replacement one too...does that make sense? The harness and buckles will be easy to swap out though.

With shipping this could run you $40 ish to replace harness, adj. and hugs if you bought alk new:(

MOM25BOYS

Ok, Thanks! I looked on Britax's website and seen where the various parts could be ordered. If I can find someone to swap the straps and hugs then all I would need to order is the adjuster and belt clip right?

MOM25BOYS

Ok, checked everything into a cart on Britax that I would need to change the colors and with tax(since I live in NC) it will cost me $53 for everything including shipping. Is that bad?

QuassEE

New straps and a new cover cost about 1/2 what a whole seat will cost during the upcoming sale..aigh! We should buy up whole seats and sell them as parts ;) It's like cars!

-Nicole.

MOM25BOYS

Sounds Great!!:2thumbsup: Lets open up a chop shop online for carseats!! :D

hipmaman

The harness straps and the buckle are easily to replace w/o cutting anything. It's the adjustor strap with the thick stitched end that need cutting to be able to thread it through the adjustor mechanism.

I'm told the replacement strap we buy from Britax would be longer to prevent slippage through the adjustor mechanism. And it has a flat end (no stitches).

MOM25BOYS

Thanks! :D Maybe I can find someone who has a set with the buckle, straps, and hugs so all I will need to do is buy a replacement for the adjuster. Hope I get lucky if not I will just try to save up the dough and purchase everything new.:(

MOM25BOYS

Are you wanting to sell the black strap set? The navy set that is currently on my MA was to the Foofy cover. I sold the cover to buy a boyish one for DS #4. The Foofy was a friend of mine's and she had 2 twin girls. LMK and Thx.
You just missed the 'co-op' to order Britax parts. But anyway, just so you know...

I have a brand new MA with black strap set and wanted to buy/swap a set of beige for my AF and Foofy, but found out that the only way we can replace the adjustor strap is to cut it. And I didn't want to 'waste' a perfectly new adjustor strap, kwim?

Are you thinking of replacing the adjustor and buckle as well?

hipmaman

Are you wanting to sell the black strap set? The navy set that is currently on my MA was to the Foofy cover. I sold the cover to buy a boyish one for DS #4. The Foofy was a friend of mine's and she had 2 twin girls. LMK and Thx.

I had a lady who would swap a beige set for my black but I didn't want to cut the black adjustor strap (and it would be come useless to her and I), so I'll be keeping the black set.

Figure the black straps and Ashley Floral would be too racy, eh? :love::whistle:

MOM25BOYS

Nah. Go for it! It can't look as bad as navy straps with the cowmoo! :D Thanks!

arly1983

I have this set I bought about 9-10 months ago. I used it a couple of weeks and then it has been sitting in a closet for the rest of the time. I don't have a chest clip: I stole it to put on my radian ;)

Picture386-1.jpg

MOM25BOYS

Straps Found!!:thumbsup: Thanks a bunch Arly!:D Anyone up for buying some Navy straps? Just let me know.:D

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC