My first car seat

nisi

Senior Community Member
This was my first car seat. I don't have the actual seat any more, but I found the same model at a thrift shop a while back -- still in the original packaging! As for age.... let's just say early-to-mid 70's ;)

I love that someone at the thrift shop had the good sense to cross out "baby" and write "doll". :)

dc6cecdc.jpg

Side view. The "harness" is a vinyl strap that goes around the waist and between the legs (think high chair).

68ad9c1b.jpg

Here you can see how it works in the car. Just sling the metal support rod over the front seat back. So versatile!

0613d329.jpg

ADS

mcomommy

wow that is neat!! I am trying to get my hands on my old seat but every time I find it on ebay someone with more extra $$ wants it too :rolleyes:

ThreeBeans

With a thing like that you wouldn't even have to TOUCH your baby! Score!

You should put a real baby in it in a car (not moving of course :eek:) for dramatic effect.

cpsaddict

I had one of those! It was a lovely puke yellow color and the vinyl was to die for. Definately very versatile.:p

jwren

OMG I think I had one too, I was thinking I just rolled around in the floor, but maybe I was in one of these, it looks familiar...:eek::D

edited to add: Actually this could not have been my seat, I was already too old by the mid 70's so maybe it was used for my brother born in 1972.

Last edited:

HEVY

I remember that seat, but I don't remember it as a car seat. I had one for my daughter back in 1985.

mimieliza

My mom had one of those for me. She didn't use it in the car, though. I had a real carseat, except for when they brought me home from the hospital in a car bed (a bassinet thingy that sits on the floor of the car).

Jewels

Senior Community Member
My mom said this is what she used when I was little. She doesn't think there were other seats that would fit me when I was an infant :confused: She called it a cuddle seat. But when I was able to sit on my own she got me another carseat.

TerisBoys

My mom swears we had a GM Love Seat (like Monzogary's DD's bucket) but I've seen pics of me coming home from the hospital in a yellow seat like that. Wondering if the Love was my brother's and mom was confused.

mom2riley

:eek: I can't believe that was used as a car seat. My mom can't remember the name of the seat she used for me, she said it was/is a popular name (born in '80), but she said she just set it in the car, never buckled it down.

nisi

Senior Community Member
was that a real car seat? like designed for a kid? or just a toy?

It's a "real" car seat in the sense that it was designed for actual, live babies to sit in while riding in the car. There are instruction on the back that explain how to use it in the car. But a "real" car seat in the sense that it's supposed to provide some protection in a crash? No so much.

amyg530

It's a "real" car seat in the sense that it was designed for actual, live babies to sit in while riding in the car. There are instruction on the back that explain how to use it in the car. But a "real" car seat in the sense that it's supposed to provide some protection in a crash? No so much.

thats what i meant, that it designed to use in a car. i dont think it would provide protection for a baby if my 2 year old triped and fell on it. are you planning on taking it out of the plastic? if you do i would love to see more pictures, maybe with a baby in it (with a huge disclaimer:rolleyes:)

sb518

Did somebody cross out baby and write DOLL on there? Or is it really a doll version of the seat? I would be terrified to put my child in that thing! (Now Joovy on the other hand... I would trust lol)

HEVY

I looked closer and seen it has a plastic bar across it with toy, mine only had a strap. I too used it to feed.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I had that seat in yellow. I was born in 1978. But it was more a place to put me in the house---like today's bouncy seats. I used it with my dolls when I was little too. Mom didn't use it in the car with me though.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC