Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Just a suggestion :)

Before I buy just about ANYTHING I always do my research 1st. It drives everyone else nuts that I cant impulsivley buy anything over $25 that I havent went online to check out 1st One tool I love is checking out pictures becuase going into a store with 3 excited little girls rarely ever gives me a chance to just browse.
    I wanted to suggest a sticky with photos only of the carseats installed in different cars, kids in them and comparision shots of carseats. Now they are in different threads and I need to search to find actual pictures. These tools are on some of the other sites I am a member of like diaper bags, baby carriers, & strollers I know maybe I over think too much Thank you
    Mommy to 3 girls 10,8,5 and 2 stepsons 6,5 Wife to Anthony Big Guy Normally in the drivers seat

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Just a suggestion :)

Hmmm... maybe we need a dedicated 'photo' subsection?
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

I think there is such a huge carseat base out there, combine that with vehicles and different children... a comparison just doesn't seem feasible.

The search tools do work well if you know what seat (and sometimes even vehicle) to get comparisons.

ETA: A photo subsection would be cool to make searching a little easier.
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

Well, I for one don't care to have my child's picture to be available to everyone on the internet and if there were a sticky it would be huge. There are so many types of seats and vehicles that there are endless combinations. I use the search feature when i'm looking for certain seats and vehicles and can often come across pictures as well.

I agree with Jen. Too many seats, too many ways of installing, seats fitting differently in different cars, too many variables...

Not to mention that many of us will not post pictures of our kids, for privacy reasons.
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    Hmmm... maybe we need a dedicated 'photo' subsection?
    That would be cool.

Hopefully soon, I will be able to give you the MA/Radian/True Fit comparrisons (once they arrive in NZ)

Maybe a members only dedicated file for pics? I just thought it would be helpful. Sub folders maybe by brands then installed ect. As I said Im huge on searches and researching to death everything I purchase mostly for my kids. I was only using reviews on BRU & Targets websites for carseats until this site was mentioned on TBW website when I asked about a carseat I wish I had know about this site prior to buying my very 1st carseat an Alpha Omega 3in1 ahhhh what a pain that was (taking a newborn in and out and having nowhere to put her) hahaha I was a 1st time young mom with only the older woman in my family to give me advise
    Mommy to 3 girls 10,8,5 and 2 stepsons 6,5 Wife to Anthony Big Guy Normally in the drivers seat

Quote Originally Posted by Momto3Divaz View Post
    Maybe a members only dedicated file for pics? I just thought it would be helpful. Sub folders maybe by brands then installed ect. As I said Im huge on searches and researching to death everything I purchase mostly for my kids. I was only using reviews on BRU & Targets websites for carseats until this site was mentioned on TBW website when I asked about a carseat I wish I had know about this site prior to buying my very 1st carseat an Alpha Omega 3in1 ahhhh what a pain that was (taking a newborn in and out and having nowhere to put her) hahaha I was a 1st time young mom with only the older woman in my family to give me advise
    Well they wouldnt a told you to get a carrier to put the baby in, they would have said to get a sling! lol. BTW your kids are very adorable!
    Jessica, mama to Jordyn (8) in a backless

and Madisyn & Kingston (2 yrs) in Britax

Carseat Crazy

Lacking a "Sticky" that gathers all photo-centric posts together, you can use Google to search this site for pictures.

If you go to http://images.google.com/
    And search for: site:car-seat.org Radian AND Nautilus

you will get images from car-seat.org that have the text Radian and the text Nautilus associated with them. It's not as convenient as having the various picture-oriented posts grouped in one spot--for instance, it pulls up all the avatars of people who posted on threads about the radian and nautilus, and siggy pictures, etc, that aren't actually radian/nautilus pictures--but it does get you closer to what you want, I think.

You can refine the searches to get better results.

BTW, for those who don't want pics of their kids "out there", I'm sure your standard scary person knows how to use google image search... if your pics are posted on a public forum anywhere, they're "out there". Having them stickied in one spot or not, doesn't really make them easier or harder to access. Try searching with this string at Google Images: "site:car-seat.org" (no quotes). Lots of pics from this site...

-Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by sfeitler View Post
    BTW, for those who don't want pics of their kids "out there", I'm sure your standard scary person knows how to use google image search... if your pics are posted on a public forum anywhere, they're "out there". Having them stickied in one spot or not, doesn't really make them easier or harder to access. Try searching with this string at Google Images: "site:car-seat.org" (no quotes). Lots of pics from this site...
    Yes, if you don't want your kids pictures on the internet you shouldn't post them at all. You can always block out their faces or post them in SCM if you have access there.

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

Blogs?

Do all members have a car-seat.org blog? Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention to this feature.

Anyway, assuming everyone has a blog, maybe we could c&p any posts we get "thanks that was so helpful" rep points for into the blog? Would they be any easier to search that way - aka, do the blogs have tags?

I guess I could go play with it and see, eh?
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

All registered members can create a blog. By default, they are public. You can limit access to "buddies" and deny access to an ignore list if you prefer.

Hmm... I tried to c&p my RF Radian recline post with all the pics & it only allows 4 pics per post. Plus, I couldn't find any way to include or add tags to the blog posts, so I don't think it would be any easier to post them to our blogs than to just search the forums for them as usual.

Maybe I'll just post links to the posts on my blog; at least that way I can track down my own fairly easily.
    Debbie, CPST-I

Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I guess I could go play with it and see, eh?
    Heheheheh -- I just noticed you suddenly have a dozen blogs filled with links to important posts you've made
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Yeah... not sure it's any easier to search than the forums, though. I made the titles of each entry like tags, but it doesn't find "86Y" for some reason. Everything else it pulled right up, though.

I'm still playing.
    Debbie, CPST-I

CPS Advocate

I've found words that are less than 4 characters don't pull up, so that would probably explain the 86Y not showing.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

The search function here is cumbersome. I don't use it unless I'm looking for a specific post that I can narrow by SN and forum. I use google to search these forums at least half the time. just type the terms you're looking for followed by "site:car-seat.org".

I like that it searches for exact phrases, shorter terms, and things like 86Y and 86-Y yield the same results. The search returns are listed by thread title, though not in chronological order.

Or just use the Google search box at the bottom of the forum page;-) The default is to search only car-seat.org.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSDarren View Post
    Or just use the Google search box at the bottom of the forum page;-) The default is to search only car-seat.org.
    That does make it simple, eh?

Thanks for pointing that out... I didn't know it could do that.
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSDarren View Post
    hey, look at that! I guess it pays to venture down to the bottom 1/5 of the page.