Successful Three Across thread

PurpleCat

2004 Trailblazer EXT

RF SnugRide 32 (baseless)/ RF RadianXT/ FF True Fit.

:D

forgot to mention a few things: all are seat belt installs and the SR32 is with the handle up.

ADS

smyl4me

2002 Highlander

My husband successfully got a Frontier, RF Boulevard, and Snugride 30 to fit! From drivers side to passenger side we did: Snugride, Frontier, RF Boulevard.

Our older Snugride was close to expiration so we went ahead and bought a new one and the Snugride 30 was more narrow, so that seemed to help. Snugride installed with base and all three seats were seatbelt installs.

Attachments

• three across.jpg
    three across.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 87

Dillipop

2007 Honda Accord

cosco topside backless booster- drivers outboard
harmony dreamtime hbb- center
combi coccoro- rfing passenger outboard with seatbelt and tethered

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
2008 Mazda CX-9

Marathon 65, SKJP Radian with angle adjuster, Scenera

Marathon and Radian were seat belt installs, Scenera with LATCH. I am a tech.

1-17-12036.jpg

For reference, if anyone is curious - I originally was going to put one of the kids in the 3rd row, but there wasn't enough front to back space for any of the seats RF, even the Radian with the angle adjuster. And there are no 3rd row tether anchors so I didn't want to put the oldest FF back there.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

2012 Durango:

From Driver's side:
ff Graco Nautilus using seat belt
rf Roundabout 55 using seat belt
ff Graco Nautilus using seat belt

DSC_0655.jpg

Last edited:

robbertbobbert

99 Ford Taurus Wagon:

Driver, center, passenger:

Literider, GN, RF CCO
Literider, CCO, KF 30
Backless turbo, GN, literider (this is VERY tight)
GN, CCO, KF 30
Highback Turbo, CCO, GN

All independently tight, not checked by a tech but I'm pretty confident in the installs.

A much as I hate this car, now that I've fixed the passenger rear seatbelt, I can 3 across pretty much any combination of the seats I own.

All the installs with both the KF and CCO have tons of space for a third seat. Once I get my RN I'm going to be very happy with how 3-across friendly my car is.

ktlasers

Chevy Traverse (Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia) *third row*

Rfing Coccoro (drivers side ob), RA worked too, but VERY tight.
Safeguard Go, harnessed
Any other "average seat" (Parkway, Radian, my DH, RA, etc)

There is one TA in the center for the Go. Pictures to follow in a few days.

Is the second row a bench or captains chairs?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

RF MA70/RF RXT/ Nautilus

All are independently tight. Checked by me.

lkn4trth

2006 Dodge Durango SLT

2nd Row
I have installed the following configurations successfully. They were not checked by a technician in person.
1)Britax Frontier 85 FF with LATCH on passenger side with TT, Britax Chaperone with seatbelt in center and Radian 80XT with LATCH and TT FF on Driver's side.
2) Britax Chaperone with LATCH on Passenger side, Radian 80XT FF with seatbelt and TT in center, and Britax Frontier 85 FF with LATCH on Driver's side.
3) Britax Frontier 85 FF on Driver's side with LATCH and TT, Radian 65 RF with seatbelt and TT in center, and Radian 80XT FF with LATCH and TT on passenger side.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Toyota Prius, can't recall year (2008?)

Forward-facing Radian, Snugride 22, FF Radian.

Not an easy install; Mom is a friend and we pretty much left it as "don't take these seats out unless I'm around to help you get them back in!" It genuinely was a two-person install. The seats sit at an angle, tilted towards the center of the car, due to the side bolsters of the seats. But they're in there tightly. We put the SR in first, then the Radians, pulled the SR out and could barely get it back in. (We tried using a locking clip, to hold belt length and limit tipping, but could NOT get it rebuckled, so we ended up marking the belt.)

For future reference, a FF RN in the center and RF RN outboard fits very well, and what we will be going to once babe outgrows the SR -- we just need to figure out what to put on the other outboard!

Oh, and I'm a tech so I guess I checked it lol.

I'll edit in pics later.

Irishmama

2002 Pontiac Sunfire/Chevy Cavalier (2 door)

Harmony Literider/Evenflo Maestro/Harmony Literider
Evenflo Amp/Evenflo Maestro/Evenflo Amp

I think two Evenflo Amp High-back boosters would fit also, but I didn't have a chance to try those. Maestro is installed with seat belt and top tethered. The Literider was a little easier to buckle then the Amp, and gave a little more growing room for head support.

Not checked by a tech (yet).

creideamh

Shoot, I have a million of these in my 2006 Toyota Prius.
All driver--->passenger, all seatbelt installs

RF Radian, RF Coccoro, Maxi-Cosi Rodi HBB/Cosco Top Side
Maxi-Cosi Rodi HBB, RF Radian, FF Radian
FF Complete Air, RF Radian, Maxi-Cosi Rodi HBB/ Cosco Top Side
RF Coccoro, FF Radian, RF Radian

Basically, with a Coccoro, Radians, and a Rodi or Top Side (or RSTV of course), anything is possible! :p

Oh, and all independently tight, and checked by me (tech)!

Marcela Paz

Make/Model/Year: Hyundai Santa Fe 2003
Install method: All Seat belt installs
Configuration of seats: FF FF RF
Seats used: FF Britax Frontier passanger side - FF Diono Radian RXT center - RF Chicco Keyfit 30 Drivers side with base. This is the only configuration that worked.
Checked by a Tech: No

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
2003 Honda Odyssey in the 3rd row, no UAS.

RF Marathon 65 using lap/shoulder and lock-offs
FF SKJP Radian using lap belt only, one full twist of female end of buckle stalk
RF Scenera using lap/shoulder belt with a locking clip and a 3-noodle pyramid

All independently tight (but not a millimetre to spare). Scenera would not go in well without the locking clip - far too much play and way too much tilt. Outboard seats are shoved as far to the sides as possible. Never mind the loose tether on the Radian, I hadn't connected it yet when the picture was taken.

I was aiming for Radian/Frontier/Scenera but no go. Perhaps with another Radian it would be possible with the Frontier in the mix, but hard to say without doing it.

I am a tech.

Attachments

• 3across03Ody.jpg
    3across03Ody.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 52

love-pink

2008 Impala. Nothing Tech checked. Latch and seatbelt installs for the center seat work.

Passenger-center-driver

Literider-Diono RXT-Literider

Literider-Fronter 85-Literider

Diono rxt-Literider-Literider

Frontier 85-Literider-Literider

f5275be6.jpg

There is a good amount of room to buckle the boosters.

I flip one side up when for easier access to the FR85 :)

7c2644f7.jpg

Last edited:

aept

2011 Toyota Prius:
Driver to passenger: ff RN65, rf RN65, britax parkway SGL.

I started in the center and used a double twist of the female buckle to get the rf RN in tight enough. It still has 1/2" of movement but I am going to be happy with it. Dh can get the drivers seat back just far enough without touching and he is 6'0". It is not reclined to 45 degrees, but it's fine for my 8-month old.
Driver's side, I successfully got the ff RN installed with the seat belt for my middle son. It is a rock solid install, no movement at the belt path, and is just barely not touching the rf radian next to it in the center.
There is just enough room on the passenger side to place the parkway SGL. It is tricky to buckle, but it does fit completely on the vehicle seat! The parkway can't be latched in, as one of the latch anchors is blocked by the seatbelts so there is not enough room to slide the latch connector in.

This was not checked by a tech.

Last edited:

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
2011 Ford Expedition 3rd Row:

RF Marathon 65 outboard passenger (did not hook up the RF tether and I didn't look for a place, this was just a day trip and not a permanent setup).
RF Complete Air center
Adult passenger outboard driver

All seat belt installs, there are no lower anchors in the 3rd row. At least one top tether but I didn't check to see if/how many more there were. I installed the CA somewhere between 35-40 degrees, would've needed a noodle but I got it plenty secure by forcing it into the vehicle seat back instead.

I'm the adult that sat back there and it was plenty roomy for me with the two RF seats, I also quickly tried a baseless Keyfit 30 and that fit fine next to the CA, I'm confident a RF Radian with angle adjuster or a narrow LBB would've easily fit there as well. For an SUV 3rd row, I was really pleasantly surprised with how easy the installs were and how easily we all fit. Headrests in both outboard positions, none in the center. Short buckle stalks and center seat belt comes from within the seat back rather than the ceiling, which was awesome.

pilot8766

2007 VW Passat Wagon
Two successful installs. 

FF Britax Marathon Belt install
RF Graco Snugride Belt install
FF Radian 80sl Belt install

FF Britax Marathon Belt install
RF Britax Marathon Belt install
FF Radian 80sl Belt install

We have rear passenger seat torso airbags (curtain bags also, but the torso bags deploy from the seat).  In a discussion here ( http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=162240 ) it was generally agreed that the torso bags do not pose a risk to the kids by being so close to the door given the 3 across setup. Volkswagen said an object (person or assumed seat) can touch the door handle with no risk to the occupant in the case of a torso airbag deployment.

I'm not a tech. Neither setup was checked.

FYI both of the Marathons are from 2007&8, not the easy adjust kind.

nj_mom

Make/Model/Year: 2011 Toyota Sienna
Seats used: Graco Turobooster, SF Onboard Air35 Infant Seat, Britax Frontier 85
Install method: Graco (nothing to install), SF (seat belt install), Britax (latch and tether)
Configuration of seats: All are in the middle row...Graco FF (passenger side captain's chair), SF RF (middle seat - this is the removable "extra" seat), Britax FF (driver's side captain's chair)
Checked by a Tech: Not yet but super solid install - no wiggle at all

(**SPECIAL NOTE : I had to remove the arm's of the captain's chairs in order to get the solid install on the infant seat in the middle...but it was not hard at all to remove them)

LuvMyCharlie

Make/Model/Year: Nissan Xterra, 2001
Install method: All seat belt
Configuration of seats: RF driver, FF center, FF passenger
Seats used: Combi Coccoro, Radian XTSL, Recaro ProSport
Checked by a Tech: I'm a tech

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC