Difference between 2006 and 2007 Volo??

Jacks

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a 2006 and 2007 Volo? (besides color???) Does anyone know if the 2006 carbon Volo comes with a light hood or dark hood? Can a dark hood be ordered for the Volo stroller?

I bought a Mac Triumph thinking I would like it better but don't. :(

Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
One of the other differences for 2007 was the inclusion of a rain cover with the vast majority of Volos. For some reason Maclaren issued some stripped-down versions to retailers (I believe Target had some of these) so you do have to be careful and look for the rain cover in the descriptions. The Canadian TRU/BRU Volos are the non-rain cover versions.

Newer accessory packs have an additional rain cover in them (as well as a travel bag and a seat liner) but it's something you could always sell to someone with one of the older Volos that didn't come with a rain cover.

Jacks--I sent you some additional information in a PM.

-Nicole.
(Jones'n for one of those pretty new white Volos, while cringing at the thought of how dirty it would get...)

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There is a seller on eBay selling black-hooded 2006 Volos. I'm curious as to the source, as he's claiming they're "exclusive".. I have my suspicions since they're in CT (as is Maclaren) as to who the seller really is. What a fluke to find them there just as you're looking for that combination! I've never seen them before, and I'm a huge Mac fan. You'll have to let me know if you BIN one.

-Nicole.

Jacks

I saw the volos on ebay. I don't remember if the 2006 volos have black wheels...his do. He probably just had some exta carbon hoods and put them on the volo strollers. Also, I checked at a few stores online and there were no 2006 crimson red volos made... the crimson red was from 2007 and they had lighter wheels. Could he be swapping out parts??? :confused:

babychild taxi

This Fall I purchased a Volo at Toys R Us thinking it was new
(2007). It was actually made in 2005, but what I like about it is that it is all black including the hood. It's called a Carbon.

-K.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC