Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Ordering open box carseat

Is it ok/safe to order an "open box" seat on Amazon? The price is much better and by their description it's still new and not used, just comes in damaged packaging. I know I have received carseats in damaged boxes but have never purposely ordered one so thought I'd ask!
    If not ok, does anyone happen to know of any deals for Britax coming up for Black Friday, etc?? DD1 car seat expires this month and I forgot to order during the previous sales😩

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Ordering open box carseat

They're often seats ordered, tired out, and returned for one reason or another. Not used, but maybe put in the car and they don't fit, or they go a Nautilus when they meant to get a Contender, something like that. If you've got time to inspect the seat and return if necessary when you buy, I think they can be a great deal. If you need a seat in two days, I'd probably buy a regular closed box seat.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Ordering open box carseat

Most open box items on Amazon are sold by Amazon Warehouse. If you click they will describe the condition. I'm ok with a seat that comes with tags attached and no visible damage or dirtiness, which will be most. But definitely only if you have time to return if needed! If not there will definitely be deals this month. Carseatblog has a list of deals: https://carseatblog.com/35482/2017-d...ers-strollers/

It's good to know what historically you should be looking to meet or beat if you're looking for the best price. If you let us know which seat we might be able to help with that.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 13, Bridget, 11, Maggie, 9, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!