Evenflo Momentum is Back?

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Side note...has anyone had a chance to play with the newest infinite slide adjuster harnesses with the buckle pockets in the location as shown? I just picked up a Symphony and the shoulder harnesses are sticky. I used to have a Triumph, and the slides slid in a smooth seamless manner, but the Symphony only seems to want to "click" in every few inches and it takes some force to move them.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Side note...has anyone had a chance to play with the newest infinite slide adjuster harnesses with the buckle pockets in the location as shown? I just picked up a Symphony and the shoulder harnesses are sticky. I used to have a Triumph, and the slides slid in a smooth seamless manner, but the Symphony only seems to want to "click" in every few inches and it takes some force to move them.
Yeah, our floor models are kind of sticky and jump erratically from height to height when I try to prove how smooth they are.

This new Momentum also has the self retracting LATCH, that wasn't on the old one, was it?
Our BRU Triumph is gone, and two models of Symphony are on clearance, so I wonder if we'll get one of these now...hmmm...

LC2003

I really love my SecureKid DLX and saw the Momentum DLX on Amazon and really want it but missed it on lightning deals. :(

I love the self-ratcheting latch buckles and it appears to be lightweight so it can stay latched for a long time. I was going to come here and ask about it as it is new to me - any issues with the previous version? My van's captains chairs are kind of sloped so any seat needs to have adjustable angle RFing.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I actually LOVE all the Evenflo hip-adjusting convertibles. I took the cover off my Symphony to see what was going on and discovered some overblow with the EPS foam around the shoulder tracks. Several times forcefully sliding the tabs up and down knocked them off and now they are super smooth, so I'm happy.

featherhead

Yeah, our floor models are kind of sticky and jump erratically from height to height when I try to prove how smooth they are.

This new Momentum also has the self retracting LATCH, that wasn't on the old one, was it?

Our BRU Triumph is gone, and two models of Symphony are on clearance, so I wonder if we'll get one of these now...hmmm...

The SureLatch? I bought one almost 4 years ago when they first came out in Canada and it had SureLatch.

christineka

Did it pick up the "new" Evenflo rfing height limit of 37 inches? That's been a real bummer to recommending the evenflo convertibles to others.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Yes, it has a 37" RF height limit but it's pretty tall - taller than the Triumph or Symphony. It's actually as tall as a Radian. I know the original Momentum models went by the 1" rule and personally I would have absolutely no issue with disregarding the 37" height limit in this case *if it were my own child*, and just going by the 1" rule instead. But I can't tell other people to do that, kwim? Still, it's ridiculous for this seat to have a 37" limit because it's NOT a short seat.

My Momentum review will be published on the blog early next week so stay tuned for more info. You'll see that my RF model is 4 yrs old and 41" tall and still has plenty of shell above her head.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC