No More Harnessed seats in my car...

Baylor

That is it. I made the FR85 a booster yesterday because I need two HBB for a weekend trip but After that I think I will just sell the FR85 and get another Monterey or maybe the new parkway.

But as I took it apart last night, Wiped it down, Washed the cover, I just felt.. Sad..
And then today that child went to his first day of kindergarten..

:crying::crying::crying:

ADS

mommyfrog

My youngest starts kindergarten next week. I feel for you!! I still have harnessed seats though. My five year old is not one of the mature ones that can use a booster. Plus I have four extra kids for the weekend, so have seats for the three and four year olds in my van. So much fun playing with car seats to get three across!!

Baylor

My 5.5 yr old is now 48 inches and 69 lbs last time I checked. He is a big boy. The FR85 harness is at his shoulders. It kills me. That seat would last all the other kids I know until 8. My 9 yr old is just a hair over top harness height if I put him in it..

I have been booster training him since 4.5. He does great now. :)

But still my fr85 looks naked..

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Your baby is growing up! Enjoy the few hours or freedom that you have while he's in kindergarten for yourself and then you can spend the time with him having fun. :D

Baylor

Ha. Today I spent cleaning.. But I realized that after I get into the routine I will have so much more time each week to do chores.

Cleaning with boys in the house is like dusting in a Tornado.

Persimmon

When this happens to me I will on here posting all weepy. No doubt. I get teary even looking at DS's old BLVD70 that he has outgrown RF. DH wanted me to get rid of it so I loaned it out so I wouldn't have to. :cool: Every time I see it I think, "My baby grew up in that seat!"

Baylor

I went to the store and that seat looks so, empty with no harnesses. It does not look right!

It fits him great as a booster, I guess that is something.. :)

Baylor

Yeah, I will it is only 2 years old so I don't want it to go to waste as a booster when someone could use it as a harnessed seat.
But I loved that seat. Love LBP, Love the color.. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Athena

My youngest is off to Kinder too. :crying: :crying: :crying: It went by so quickly! At least I still get to have harnessed seats. I don't think I could handle both at once. My kids must have shorter torsoes because my DD who is several inches taller still fits, but we'll be forced to switch it to booster mode soon too. :( That's great that he's doing so well in the booster.

twinsmom

When my kids entered kindergarten, they switched from rear facing in Multi-Techs to HBBs. That was painful for me, especially when I sold my beloved Multi-Techs! <sigh> They grow up....

Baylor

Well now that I see they may have fixed the tippiness of the PB, I may have to get one or two of them. :)

I wanted to try the new parkway too. AT least they are coming out with some cool boosters for me to try.

I need 4 really. 2 for Dh's car, because it is a royal pain putting seats in and out of the 2 dr explorer and two for mine. I have the Monterey which I really like but I am not closed to trying others... :)

I have the GN's in dhs car now in booster mode but I will get rid of them too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC