Question Need to replace my stolen Cybex, what will i love

cryswilkins

Some jerk face broke into DH's car lady night and took DDs Cybex. I loved that dang booster and it was the only one I liked in my car.

What should I replace it with? I've tried and not loved the Probooster, Parkkway SGL, Sunshine Kids Monteray, Amp Highback. I prefer latching. Dd is tall and skinny.

Also, the belt slipped out of the SK Monteray belt guides in my 3rd row do you think the Diono Monteray would be better?

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

ADS

Phineasmama

What the CRAP!?? Our car has been broken into before and I joked with DH about how they would have stolen the car seats if they knew how much they were worth :eek: I'm so sorry :(

I would highly recommend the Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro. I've owned an X-Fix as well but we had to get rid of it because of the short seat pan, and I think you would really like the Cruiserfix if you liked the X-Fix.

ETA: My DD is 6, average height and weight but skinny as heck.

crunchierthanthou

That stinks! I'd keep an eye on CL to see if they try to sell it. It's a pretty rare seat, so should be easy to spot.

What about the Affix? It's a Turbo that has latch and doesn't fall apart.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
What the CRAP!?? Our car has been broken into before and I joked with DH about how they would have stolen the car seats if they knew how much they were worth :eek: I'm so sorry :(

I would highly recommend the Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro. I've owned an X-Fix as well but we had to get rid of it because of the short seat pan, and I think you would really like the Cruiserfix if you liked the X-Fix.

ETA: My DD is 6, average height and weight but skinny as heck.

I said the same thing the 2 times my car was broken into! DH had to leave his car in a parking lot all weekend and I know its bad but I kinda hope someone takes the seats so I can get new ones lol (mostly because I want a reason for a FN90)

I would also look at the Cruiserfix Pro, seems very similar. Or you could make a post in swap looking for an X-fix if you really loved it that much...

skylinphoto

I have an xfix that i looooove and I would be heartbroken if someone took it. Heartbroken over a carseat..lol.

If something happened to our xfix, id be looking at the cruiserfix pro.

Im sorry for your carseat loss and hope you find something that you like to replace it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

cowgirlsmommy

I'll add another vote for the kiddy cruiserfix. I love ours and since it has unique belt guides, I never have seat belts slipping through it.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Aw man, that really stinks! I happen to know that it was a nice, barely used booster, too. ;)

cryswilkins

Aw man, that really stinks! I happen to know that it was a nice, barely used booster, too. ;)

I know! I was am most upset about the booster. Apparently it was a rash of break ins last night. They took one of the neighbors breast pump!

The kiddy booster is just so dang expensive, it the Turbo Afix really ok? I have been thinking about that one.

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

crunchierthanthou

The kiddy booster is just so dang expensive, it the Turbo Afix really ok? I have been thinking about that one.

Worth a shot, right? Unless you can try out a Kiddy, I'd take an $80 gamble before a $200 one. The TB generally fits kids well, and has very few vehicle incompatibilities.

HaileysMommy

Once I decide to booster DD fulltime I am so getting a Cruiserfix. I haven't laid hands on it but I just know I will love it..I hope! lol I also love the Turbo so I assume I'd like the affix, hate the parkway. I vote cruiserfix hehe

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Amazon makes returns really easy... I'd order from there or somewhere else with easy returns if you go with the Cruiserfix. :)

linneabw

That sucks. My hubby thinks I'm crazy when I worry about car seats getting stolen. Guess its not that crazy.

HaileysMommy

That sucks. My hubby thinks I'm crazy when I worry about car seats getting stolen. Guess its not that crazy.

I used to get soooo mad when my mom would leave her car unlocked. She told me that she didn't think car seats were a hot commodity. Um anything that could make a buck will be stolen!!

soph's mom

A breast pump and a carseat in separate break-ins? Is it women doing it? I wouldn't think men would know the value in either...

But ugh, that really sucks! I'm bad about locking my cars bc we live in a safe neighborhood in a small town. I did have some jerk kids steal my make-up out a few years ago... So I guess it's not that great...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC