Question Help, cannot find a seat to fit my big boy - Canada

U

Unregistered

I cannot seem to find a car seat to fit my 43" tall son who will turn 3 in one month. Can anyone help??? He was ERF until age 24 months and now I can't find anything for him.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Re: Help, cannot find a seat to fit my big boy

How heavy is he? The Chicco NextFit and Graco Size4Me/Headwise/My Size 70 will likely work, but they have 40 pound rear facing weight limits.

Wendy

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Hi there! Are you looking for a rear-facing or forward-facing seat? How much does he weigh? What seats have you tried, and in what way are they not working?

U

Unregistered

Re: Help, cannot find a seat to fit my big boy

Hi, thank you! He is 41lbs and 43" tall. He has been in his Graco Myride65 until 24 months (ERF) and then FF to now.

An FF would be fine because I really don't think I can find an ERF for that size, I've never seen one, and I can't find any FF for him either now!

April

Britax Frontier or Graco Nautilus would be good seats to try

Agreed. Those are pretty much the only options that are worth the money for a kid that size. (Meaning, most of the other forward facing harnessed seats on the market would be a waste of money for a kid like yours.)
Posted via Mobile Device

nickidaim

I would recommend the britax frontier 85 more than the nautilus I just bought one of each for my daughter and at 4 her shoulders are to wide for the nautilus! She sat in the nautilus for only a few seconds before starting to complain about how it was uncomfortable and she felt scrunched. The frontier had much more room!

U

Unregistered

Thank goodness for this site! I really appreciate all the advice.

Yes, he has very wide shoulders (exceptionally wide, shoulder dystocia baby too) and so FrontierXT it is.

Any ideas of a good place to purchase this in Canada? We're in Montreal, if there are any nearby stores (or Vermont/border NY, I'm not sure if that's okay, sorry I don't know car seat regulations well).

featherhead

Thank goodness for this site! I really appreciate all the advice.

Yes, he has very wide shoulders (exceptionally wide, shoulder dystocia baby too) and so FrontierXT it is.

Any ideas of a good place to purchase this in Canada? We're in Montreal, if there are any nearby stores (or Vermont/border NY, I'm not sure if that's okay, sorry I don't know car seat regulations well).

Unfortunately crossing the border for a carseat is not a good idea. In fact, it is not legal. It really is too bad, because seats are always cheaper in the US.

I'm not sure where you would find it locally, but online you could look at snugglebugz.ca amazon.ca or toysrus.ca. In Canada it seems prices are usually the same or very close everywhere.

smackeen

If he still fits, I would look for the frontier to go on sale. There should be sales starting soon as the newer version will be released in June (I hope).

I would keep an eye on toysrus.ca, snugglebugz.ca and amazon.ca. All carry the frontier.

The nautilus is carried at the above along with walmart.

You will get more time out of the frontier in harness mode as it goes to 20in where as the nautilus goes to 18in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC