I caved **Pics added!**

Phineasmama

I ordered a Britax Two-Way Elite to replace the Foonf I sent back :eek: It was less expensive though LOL!

I got the 2013 Chili Pepper, it will match our Kiddy seats perfectly and matches my van :love:

IT'S HERE!

He is 4 years old, can't remember how tall but he's 35 lbs
08EACCFD-3C0D-4F01-906B-10881CF0785C-13922-0000059EE6E689D5.jpg

There is another install for more leg room but I thought he would like it more reclined so I left it this way for now. He has tons of room to grow by height!
FE7D8DA8-F3F8-4F71-A3C2-C7BC1A1357A7-13922-0000059ED83C1DDF.jpg

Install was super easy
7FED207C-5B86-481A-A887-BD6FB70E9519-13922-0000059EC73EF302.jpg

0C0875BA-A895-448C-91DB-01B3E6A2386D-13922-0000059EC92F19AA.jpg

Beautiful color!
4A234C15-86FE-4668-93DA-7F7F8581C2E8-13922-0000059EBF6ED4D0.jpg

More pics with the other type of install for more leg room:

Rebound bar kind of thingie
7073B57E-FC3A-4629-B622-D47AA99B0D26-14754-0000062C5C05A6DD.jpg

Once I got the tethers tightened it was at the perfect level
0F5A4A5F-71BA-4FBE-9C3A-072312F80B9E-14754-0000062C5E278657.jpg

Plenty of leg room now!
0B7DDAEC-3E12-46C5-B602-0D3BB1EE0AE8-14754-0000062C60564C4B.jpg

AD8D8CD0-D668-4114-837E-04437169118A-14754-0000062C62703383.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

gsdguenter

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? And, what made you choose the TWE over the MT?

Oh, and happy purchasing :)

Phineasmama

Re: I caved

It was about $400 USD with global priority shipping, definitely a lot but meh. I've been waffling over buying a Swedish seat for at least a year now!

I chose the TWE because it seems like I'll be able to install it a little more reclined, I know the MT is very upright. The MT has the foot prop, and the seat will be going in a grand caravan with stow n' go, so I want the option of installing it in one of the captains chairs without having to fill the storage compartment with books or something to create a solid enough grounding for the foot prop.

And I think the TWE will be nice and easy for an older child to climb into all by themselves. My 4 year old will probably use it for a year or maybe a little longer. Until my giant 1 year old outgrows the other convertibles we have. She's 30 lbs already at barely 16 months.

SignCuer

Yep pics!! Since I'm only really interested in the TWE not the MT.. but we'll see. LOL.. but I'm curious since the Foonf is probably gonna be out for me.

jacqui276

So what's the dl on Swedish seats? You can use them in the US legally?

They can't be used legally in the US. However, due to them generally lasting longer rfing than seats on the US market, some people choose to import them and use them regardless of legalities.

Phineasmama

Nevermind I spoke too soon, just got a shipping email with tracking! Woohoo!!

So what's the dl on Swedish seats? You can use them in the US legally?

They are legal to import, but *technically* illegal to use, as they are not certified/crash tested by the USA standards. But since Sweden has such a wonderful track record when it comes to child safety seats, and most people in the USA do not know much about car seat safety, I am not worried about using the seat. When I see people driving their kids around in no seat at all, or a low back booster for a 2 year old, I guess I just think my chances of getting in "trouble" for using an imported seat are not high, kwim?

MotoMommaNH

Yeah I gotcha. I suppose that's one of those how do they enforce that type of stuff anyway? Unless I guess you were to get in an accident where the child gets hurt. But I'd think people who invest in these seats are sure to have them installed correctly.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Just to clarify:

There's no 'quotes' about it. These seats are illegal to use in the US. Period.

Parents may choose to ignore the law, and it may be accurate that they are unlikely to be punished in any way for using an imported seat. But they remain illegal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Baylor

Wasn't there someone who had their Swedish seat impounded? Or taken at a check??

auto correct hates me

Phineasmama

Just to clarify:

There's no 'quotes' about it. These seats are illegal to use in the US. Period.

Parents may choose to ignore the law, and it may be accurate that they are unlikely to be punished in any way for using an imported seat. But they remain illegal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

And I never said otherwise did I? There were no quotes used. I was trying to emphasize the fact that it is legal to import a seat but not legal to use. I am not suggesting that anyone else do this. This was a personal decision and I am willing to take the risk of using it.

Reactions: Kac

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

Wasn't there someone who had their Swedish seat impounded? Or taken at a check??

CPSTs, even police officer CPSTs, do not have the power to "take" a seat, even if that seat is clearly illegal. We can refuse to work with the seat. An officer (in most states) can ticket the driver if the car is on the road with a child who is not legally restrained. But CPSTs do not have enforcement authority.

Jessica61624

CPSTs, even police officer CPSTs, do not have the power to "take" a seat, even if that seat is clearly illegal. We can refuse to work with the seat. An officer (in most states) can ticket the driver if the car is on the road with a child who is not legally restrained. But CPSTs do not have enforcement authority.

Maybe they're thinking of them getting taken at the boarder?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC