does she 5-step, and how to do 3 across?

Am I correct in telling my sister that my niece does NOT 5 step in this picture? Niece is 8 yrs, 7 months old and "pretty tall" according to my sister. This is in the middle seat of a subaru forester that my sister is trying to get 3 across in.

Any ideas for 3 across? Kids are my niece, who is 8 1/2, and normally rides in a parkway in their minivan, a nephew who will be 7 in a month and sits in a parkway, and a nephew who is 22 months old, RF in a radian. She is wanting to switch to the subaru for the winter months, but she said she tried getting parkway, RF radian, parkway, and it didn't fit at all. The car is a 2004 or 2005 subaru forester.

sideview5step.jpg

frontview5stepS.jpg

ADS

Phineasmama

Try the Harmony LBB from wal mart, the one that comes in pink zebra print, if that doesn't fit then I'd get a Bubble Bum.

jjordan

Make sure that she knows to try lots of different seat configurations when going for 3 across. For example if PW/RN/PW did not work, did she try PW/PW/RN? Sometimes just switching the location of seats makes a big difference. Good luck to her!

Shaunam

Or maybe her DD will 5 step in an outboard position. That belt *is* kind of wonky. If the outboard belts are more straight across and don't slop up like that, she may actually 5 step.

cryswilkins

I would try her on the outside where the belt isn't so weird. The female end of the belt has a belt stalk that is miles long in the middle, which makes it fit weird.

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

aept

Does she have an angle adjuster for the radian? Just eyeballing it, but it looks over reclined, and for a 22-month babe they might appreciate being more upright!
Agree the belt fit isn't quite right on your niece.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Thanks all! I suggested trying the bubble bum and/or trying S in an outboard seat to see if she 5 steps there.
Hopefully one of those will work.
I do always end up having to re-install the radian RF for them. She doesn't have an angle adjuster, but she installs the seat super reclined, so I will likely be able to get it much more upright than it is in the picture.

bbartlettnfld

It doesn't look to me like the safe stop in actually in use, it looks like it is hooked on to the tether or stored UAS/Latch Anchors via the splitter plate.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Definitely not five stepping!

That Radian looks SUPER reclined by the way.

Mercuria

It doesn't look to me like the safe stop in actually in use, it looks like it is hooked on to the tether or stored UAS/Latch Anchors via the splitter plate.

Thanks. I couldn't figure out where it was going, but I knew that mine gets stored under the cover (took me FOREVER to find it since the manual says to store it in a cubby). I've also never seen one installed, so I don't know what that looks like :p

Dmcj13

I am not ok with that lap belt fit, not even close. I bet a bubble bum would work perfect, thos clips on the side pull the seat belt nice and low, but it isnt really any wider than a kids bum since there are no arm rests.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC