Question Diono or Graco size 4 me

MommaH

I have a 9 month old hoping to stay rf for 24 months

Tall little man around 29 inches now 20 ish lbs wears 12 month tops

I drive a 2008 ford escape he's our first child so he rides in the center but we would be open to moving to a Sid effort better longer rear facing.

We also have a 2009 ford super cab f150 but hardly ride in that except for trips

I've recently been turned onto 2 carseats

1) Dino Radian convertible

2) Graco size 4 me

Looking for some input or as a jumping off point for research I'm trying to buy by the 15th

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Both are fantastic seats. If you get the Diono i'd get the angle adjuster to help it sit more upright, just in case you find it's big front to back (I don't know if that's an issue in your car). The Radian cannot use LATCH in the center as the anchors are 15.1" and the Radian allows for 11"-14" spacing. The Graco can use the center LATCH. Both are fairly easy to install, though the Radian is probably a little trickier with more of a learning curve. The Graco is taller, but the Radian R120 and RXT go to a higher rear facing weight limit (in case, and I would hope you do, you rear face beyond 24 months. That's the minimum we would be ok with a forward facing child). The Radian is narrower. The Graco is good for seven years, the Radian is good for eight harnessed. It's good for 10 boostered, but generally they make very short lived boosters since they're not adjustable. Both have 17.5" top slots so they're outgrown forward facing about the same time.

It's a hard choice between the two. Both are on my recommended list and I recommend them both often. The Graco is having harness issues, but it's not universal. Just keep your receipt and box just in case for a bit. I love the seat enough to continue to recommend it even with that.

It may honestly come down to which cover you like best. Either way you've got a great seat that will last a long time.

Wendy

MikeyMike

Both are fantastic seats. If you get the Diono i'd get the angle adjuster to help it sit more upright, just in case you find it's big front to back (I don't know if that's an issue in your car). The Radian cannot use LATCH in the center as the anchors are 15.1" and the Radian allows for 11"-14" spacing. The Graco can use the center LATCH. Both are fairly easy to install, though the Radian is probably a little trickier with more of a learning curve. The Graco is taller, but the Radian R120 and RXT go to a higher rear facing weight limit (in case, and I would hope you do, you rear face beyond 24 months. That's the minimum we would be ok with a forward facing child). The Radian is narrower. The Graco is good for seven years, the Radian is good for eight harnessed. It's good for 10 boostered, but generally they make very short lived boosters since they're not adjustable. Both have 17.5" top slots so they're outgrown forward facing about the same time.

It's a hard choice between the two. Both are on my recommended list and I recommend them both often. The Graco is having harness issues, but it's not universal. Just keep your receipt and box just in case for a bit. I love the seat enough to continue to recommend it even with that.

It may honestly come down to which cover you like best. Either way you've got a great seat that will last a long time.

Wendy

I am a tremendous fan of the Size4Me...its well designed and very very flexible...if we're voting that one would get my vote. The Radian seats in my opinion are on the narrower side, as well as heavy just something else to think about.

Phineasmama

I own both- well actually I recently sold off all my RXTs. I think the MySize 70 (size4me) is much easier to install in a variety of vehicles, so just for ease of use I would go with that.
You can also check it out in person at BabiesRus/ToysRus where they call it the MySize 70. Online and at BuyBuyBaby it's called the Size4Me.

cm_nghs1

I'm a Radian lover.
However, I'm in Canada and would love to get my hands on a size for me just to play with it!!

Size for me will last longer for a taller kids, and Radian will last longer weight wise.

You really can't go wrong with either seat.

Go with which fits in your budget best or which cover you like!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC