Weird nbb belt fit

arly1983

How frustrating for you guys!

The belt was away from DS1 shoulder in my 2012 Terrain and I was pretty upset about it but then I figured out that even though you can't adjust the seatbelt, you can slide the whole row forward which thankfully fixed the whole problem. It also ment less legroom but they are little so it doesn't matter right now.

ADS

zactayaus

I wonder if the Cosco Top Side would be better, it has the shoulderbelt route over the armrest, so it might be closer to her chest?

I hear nothing but complaints about those vans (third row seatbelts, among people who know what a good belt fit should look like...), I wish there were better (any?) standards at all for rear seat belts :(

The TopSide did the exact opposite for my 9yo in the second row of my suburban. It is seriously the only booster I found that is not compatible with my truck. We even tried routing the built the "normal" way and regardless the seatbelt was way forward of my ds' upper body.:(

aept

keri1292 said:
I'm also cursed with the Town & Country (same as Grand Caravan). I can use the Compass (B540?) with the big, open belt path and nothing else there. I have no idea what I'll do when they outgrow those. I've yet to find a backless that works. Even though dd 5 steps there, the lap belt fit is atrocious and again the shoulderbelt is nowhere near her body.

I despise that van. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for the tip on the Compass. It is hard to find info on that booster. I think I found one to order but its out of stock in quite a few stores and it doesn't seem to be in the database here - I'm looking for the measurement info.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

christineka

Thanks for the tip on the Compass. It is hard to find info on that booster. I think I found one to order but its out of stock in quite a few stores and it doesn't seem to be in the database here - I'm looking for the measurement info.

I put in info on the compass b505 and b540! (The b540 is better. I assume the b570 is the best.)

aept

christineka said:
I put in info on the compass b505 and b540! (The b540 is better. I assume the b570 is the best.)

Found it! I had been looking through the list alphabetically on my phone and was looking for "First Years", but its filed under "T" for "The First Years". I had gotten down to the R's and given up!

Now I just need to find one in stock somewhere - is it discontinued?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Compass is probably up for a redesign, if it's not discontinued altogether (I'm voting just a redesign, though, did you check the first years' website?). I've been seeing them on woot.com a lot, and they got bad reviews from IIHS because of high lap belt fit, so I'm wildly speculating they will be back and better in a couple months. The B570 has belt guides to hold it lower, we have one and like it ok.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC