Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Renting car seats while away

OTOH, you have two kids. The carseat is one child's, the stroller the other. So I could see you not having to pay, too.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Oooh, that's true. And they'd probably try to be nice about it if their policy gives any leeway- they usually do try.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Carseat Crazy

Excellent. I will need a stroller, lugging car seats and two kids around the airport!
    DD- born 12/4/08 (45", 47lbs) in a Britax Frontier, Graco Nautilus & Safety 1st Guide65 harnessed FF.
    DS- born 09/8/11 (34", 33lbs) in a Radian RXT & Safety 1st Complete Air 65 RF for as long as possible!

I'm going to toss out another idea. Take it or leave it.

A lot of parent get wheels for the carseat, then put their child in the carseat in the airport. Wheel them around that way. Then instead of leaving someone behind while you run to the store to buy a seat, at some point you can run by a store and buy a cheap stroller. One less thing to carry at the airport. Leave the stroller behind when you leave (leave it for the housekeeping staff, leave it with family, donate it to Goodwill, etc.). Or if you're going someplace like Disney, rent a stroller on days you need it.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

6. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

That's an awesome idea! Where on earth do you get wheels for your car seat though??
    DD- born 12/4/08 (45", 47lbs) in a Britax Frontier, Graco Nautilus & Safety 1st Guide65 harnessed FF.
    DS- born 09/8/11 (34", 33lbs) in a Radian RXT & Safety 1st Complete Air 65 RF for as long as possible!

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

You can either do the GoGo Kidz Travelmate thing, or strap to a luggage cart, or if you're already bringing a rolling carryon, a Travelling Toddler.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

9. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

I found somewhere I can rent a GoGo Travelkidz in Toronto. 25$ for the week. And that would mean we wouldn't have to bring a stroller since we don't plan on using one (we're not really stroller people, but they're kind of needed for the airport!). How brilliant! They can even stay on the car seat while installed on the plane. Great suggestion, thank you so much Wendy and Ketchupqueen!!

You are quite welcome.

I haven't used the GoGo Kidz, but I've heard disappointing things about the wheels actually being able to stay on. So just be aware that you may actually have to remove the wheels.

If you have the two seats, a $25 luggage cart from amazon.ca with bungee cords may work better for the seat in the box plus the extra seat. And it'd be reusable.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to