Foonf, take #2

newyorkDOC

KaysKidz said:
From someone who has a Radian and a FR85 cover in the wash from vomit right this moment, I can say with complete certainty that any seat that can be vomited on and not washed, would be trashed. I just had to scrub my vehicle seat and carpet from projectile vomit. There was no 'wiping' it clean. It still stinks. And I've scrubbed it 2x WITH soap and water. Can't imagine a child seat (cover) that can't go in the wash. Even vinyl...(think high chairs) all the nooks and crannies that hold nastiness....EEEEEEWWWWWW. LOL

They sell special cleaner for car seat upholstery. I just bought some at the supermarket to clean up projectile vomit across the back middle and passenger seat (well DH cleaned it not me). I have to say it worked really well.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Looking how the bottom cover goes on, if the rest will be the same, it won't take up much room as other covers in the wash.

penguingrooves

(sorry, late to the party, but wow!)

re: the lack of no-rethread harness, according to chris from few months ago, clek didn't want to get into any potential legal battles with the company that invented no-rethread harness technology. he wondered how other companies were getting away with though, but he wanted clek to be proper and ethical.

atw

penguingrooves said:
(sorry, late to the party, but wow!)

re: the lack of no-rethread harness, according to chris from few months ago, clek didn't want to get into any potential legal battles with the company that invented no-rethread harness technology. he wondered how other companies were getting away with though, but he wanted clek to be proper and ethical.

Have I mentioned lately that I freaking love this company?

And I'm not surprised that Vera didn't bat an eyelash. European seats are not really their competition, and I think they seem very proud of their product. Even if it were their competition, everything I've seen makes it seem like a company that wants what's best for their customers, so bring on the comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

embassykh

On Clek's facebook page they mention adding additional "enhancements" while they were waiting for the tool that caused the delay. Are the changes mentioned in Judi's original post these enhancements or is something else changing?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

LOL! We're not odd... it is everyone else who is odd. :p

I was at a non-local BRU one day and started chatting with one of the employees. He thought I was 100% nuts for keeping kids RF past age two and that I had lost the tiny shred of sense I had when I told him I don't booster kids when they hit 40 pounds. He looked at me and said, "Oh, wait... are you one of those people off that website with all the fanatical people?" I feigned ignorance. He then said, "It's something like carseat.com" Again, I pretended to be completely unaware of what he was saying.

Apparently there are either people off a site called carseat.com OR there are people from here who frequent that store. Whoever the people are, "we" have a reputation. :p

soph's mom

Patriot201 said:
LOL! We're not odd... it is everyone else who is odd. :p

I was at a non-local BRU one day and started chatting with one of the employees. He thought I was 100% nuts for keeping kids RF past age two and that I had lost the tiny shred of sense I had when I told him I don't booster kids when they hit 40 pounds. He looked at me and said, "Oh, wait... are you one of those people off that website with all the fanatical people?" I feigned ignorance. He then said, "It's something like carseat.com" Again, I pretended to be completely unaware of what he was saying.

Apparently there are either people off a site called carseat.com OR there are people from here who frequent that store. Whoever the people are, "we" have a reputation. :p

Haha! I love it!

Adorkable

so is the cover on the version2 removable or not?

And if the fabric is THAT high tech it can deflect poop, urine, and vomit, then it's toxic. :(
I just asked Clek if they'd come out with a cover that's non-toxic.

yeah boy im with you on this one, would never buy a seat who's cover would not come off. and sure would like to think that i could sit my kids in something that was not so yucky right against their skin every day chemical wise

They are the same material as cars use. The cover should just wipe clean. My dogs get muddy paw prints in my car, and it wipes right up.
muddy paw prints are a lot easier to deal with than vomit, period.

From someone who has a Radian and a FR85 cover in the wash from vomit right this moment, I can say with complete certainty that any seat that can be vomited on and not washed, would be trashed.

you and me both, it sounds like this was hopeful i misunderstanding about the headrest, but i would like this confirmed that yes in fact it is still removable, or its crossed off my list fast.

Yeah, that's one of the things that was (earlier) promised to be redesigned?

If they don't, um, that may be a deal-breaker for a lot of people.
i would cancel my order for 2 of them without thinking twice, i would whimper a lot, but not think twice.

They sell special cleaner for car seat upholstery. I just bought some at the supermarket to clean up projectile vomit across the back middle and passenger seat (well DH cleaned it not me). I have to say it worked really well.

great so we are adding strange drycleaning like chemicals on top of vomit, on top of strange fireproofing chemicals and then asking our sweet children to sleep up against this fabric for years???? no thank you on the special cleaner, even more than no thank you on the non removable covers. i have leather car interior for a reason and that reason is the hell of cleaning fabric.

can we have one of the Clek folks post here and put a rest to this question, its seems important to a number of folks. i have been waiting for my pre ordered Foonfs since march, i would like to know sooner rather than later if i should just cancel and figure something else out. better yet, if you are wondering whether this feature really mattered to folks, IT DOES, lease make sure when these seats ship, they ship with removable covers!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC