Question Clek and funky LATCH

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I am trying to figure out if my ever-coveted Oobr will work in this car. It has LATCH that is up the vehicle seat back a couple of inches, and the bight is raised as well.

I tried the Olli today. It made the seat lift off the vehicle seat. It's an older Olli, Dom 2007. Is the Oobr going to have the same problem?

Attachments

• image-2536836708.jpg
    image-2536836708.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image-2297360991.jpg
    image-2297360991.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 65
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Pretty much, yeah. The LATCH anchors are set in at a very similar angle/by a similar method.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, you don't have to use the LATCH; you could try to retract it and fit them... under the anchors? It might sit flat then. Of course as you know, I prefer not to use it without.

canadiangie

I wanted an Oobr so badly. But the rigid latch is you know, rigid, and it forced the edge of the Oobr to sit on top of the fixed buckle stalk in my 3rd row latch spot. I really prefer to be able to move seats around as I wish, and so even tho Team Pink rides in a 2nd row 3 across 99% of the time, I opted for a booster with flexible latch.

But I reeeeeeally want an Oobr. I think about it like daily.

luckyclov

Can you shove the LATCH connectors in the seat bight? That's what I do with my Olli and Ozzi...of course, Oobr is...well, oobr heavy.

ETA: Nevermind. Just saw your bigot is raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yeah, I could try that, but with the funky tootsie roll thingy, it would make the seat sit out from the back of the vehicle seat. And the vehicle I'm planning on buying doesn't have lower anchors in the 3rd row where my 7yo would go.

I could just buy it anyway and use it in their carpool vehicle which they will ride in 3days/week :eek:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
luckyclov said:
Can you shove the LATCH connectors in the seat bight? That's what I do with my Olli and Ozzi...of course, Oobr is...well, oobr heavy.

The seat bight it raised with the lower anchors :/ gosh I want this seat to work.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I could try that, but with the funky tootsie roll thingy, it would make the seat sit out from the back of the vehicle seat. And the vehicle I'm planning on buying doesn't have lower anchors in the 3rd row where my 7yo would go.

I could just buy it anyway and use it in their carpool vehicle which they will ride in 3days/week :eek:

doooo iiiiit

luckyclov

An Aurora said:

Try it and send a picture to Clek. I remember someone posting a picture here one time asking if the gap between their Olli and the seat back (it was like 3 or 4 fingers width) was ok. Clek ended up posting saying that it was fine and well within their crash testing limits. So, my point is, maybe it'll be ok with the Oobr. And if it's not, you already bought it so you can just it for carpool. ;)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
That's a good idea. They seem awesome on FB.

How hard is it to adjust the back? It would have to be adjusted between the kids since they get out of school at different times.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's not too hard- you push a button and pull up or push down, exactly like on most vehicle headrests.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is the Olli's not up at all? It looks like it is up a bit to me and still tilts. If not, I'm totally misjudging distances and not processing pictures again... which seems to be par for the course for me today. ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Nope on the Olli it was level with the bottom of the seat.

That's it. I need to go to the optometrist. And have this baby. LOL.

If it's level there, I think Kecia's right and it WILL work on the Oobr, as long as you don't have the buckle overlap issue mentioned above! That can be an issue in some vehicles.

The gap is allowed when using LATCH- they consider the LATCH attachment a structural connection and only care that the LATCH is on and the back OR the top of the booster is in contact with the vehicle seat. Basically, if the booster is touching the vehicle seat at SOME point and is LATCHed in, you're good. (That titanium alloy frame, you know.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC