Titan Sureride 65 pictures

Jessica61624

We went to Target today to check out the new seats. I really wanted to see the Sureride 65 in person. It looks like a great budget seat. I had all three kids to try it out.

First is my Giant baby! 5.5 weeks, 23.5 inches, 12-13lbs
He wasn't happy so we made it quick. He had a disposable diaper on today also. Usually hes in cloth.
IMAG3180.jpg

Even with the 3rd slots from the bottom.
IMAG3183.jpg

He fit really nicely. I don't know how long he could rear face in here with his shoulders already being at the top slots allowable for rear facing at just a month old.

Next is Dominic. 2.5, 36.7 inches, 33lbs
He wasn't interested in pictures. Hes about 2 inches over the top rear facing slots. He's almost at the max height limit (37 inches). I didn't think the straps falling off the shoulders would be an issue. We have issue with the radian. Notice hes using the same slots as the baby!:eek:
IMAG3178.jpg

Finally Jaelyn. 5 years, 44 inches and 44lbs
IMAG3176.jpg

I had put the straps on the highest slot to show how much room she had! I was amazed she would be using the same slots FF as Dominic.
IMAG3175.jpg

Shes always been able to buckle and unbuckle any car seat we've owned. How ever she couldn't with this one. Its the same as the new Graco buckles everyone hates :thumbsdown: Also by the time I put the 3rd kid in the buckle had twisted on the strap.

ADS

zactayaus

I was looking at that same seat today at my Target but I didn't have my LO with me to try it out. I was very impressed with how high the top slots appeared to be. Does anyone have a measurement on them yet?

arly1983

19 in top slots? I wonder if I could get this in my 3-across...

Is the back skinny? Like a marathon/proride/myride/scenera/maestro?

Jessica61624

arly1983 said:
19 in top slots? I wonder if I could get this in my 3-across...

Is the back skinny? Like a marathon/proride/myride/scenera/maestro?

I think it would be a good seat for 3 across. It sits very low in the butt area like the radian.

Mysweethoneybee said:
Just wanted to say that your kids are cute. Especially Jaelyn.

Thank you!

armywife12

I haven't seen this seat in person yet but it seems like the top slot is so high in relation to the shell that it will be outgrown by the ears going over the shell before the actual harness is reached. What do you think?

whiteyacht

I kinda want to get this to replace my 4 yo's GN. I can't get a tight install in the spot where I want it, so as soon as this arrives at a place that lets you take seats out to try... :)

ETA: Thanks for the pics & your kids are darling!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I haven't seen this seat in person yet but it seems like the top slot is so high in relation to the shell that it will be outgrown by the ears going over the shell before the actual harness is reached. What do you think?

I don't think so. Look at the photo she posted of her DD. It looks like Jaelyn has about three or four inches of shoulder growth, but about six to eight inches until her ears are bridging the top of the shell. It is hard to tell for sure because J is twisted in the seat, but it looks to me that there is FAR more growth above the top slots than there is growth between her current slot and the top clot.

Maggie

In regards to top slot vs ears, here is my 8 year old. A very tall for her age 8year old. She was less than thrilled to be sitting in it, so the picture isn't great, but you get the idea. She could easily go up to the top slot with her ears being at an acceptable location on the top of the shell.

She is too heavy for this seat though. She's 70lbs.
391316_4419073278828_1897857473_n.jpg

Kat_Momof3

I'd email that pic of your baby with the info about what slot he was using to evenflo... make it clear to them that they need to retroactively change it so that more slots can be used rearfacing.

Jessica61624

Kat_Momof3 said:
I'd email that pic of your baby with the info about what slot he was using to evenflo... make it clear to them that they need to retroactively change it so that more slots can be used rearfacing.

Good idea. It's stamped on the shell indicating which slots are for rf/FF. I believe the harness it too short also.

NannyMom

I measured the top slots at 19.5 inches and I think the shell height at 25. They are really only allowing the bottoms for RF and the tops for FF??? I didn't look at that.

Jessica61624

NannyMom said:
I measured the top slots at 19.5 inches and I think the shell height at 25. They are really only allowing the bottoms for RF and the tops for FF??? I didn't look at that.

If you look at the related threads at the bottom there is another thread with pictures. The back specifically indicates the bottom 3 rf and 3 top FF. With a huge gap between harness height.

Shaunam

Can this seat be reclined forward facing at all? If not, does it look like it would sit slightly reclined in the car?

Jessica61624

Shaunam said:
Can this seat be reclined forward facing at all? If not, does it look like it would sit slightly reclined in the car?

There is no recline on it. It will needs pool noodles rf. FF it would depend on the slope of the seat its installed on.

hrice

Jessica61624 said:
There is no recline on it. It will needs pool noodles rf. FF it would depend on the slope of the seat its installed on.

When I played with it I found a foot that kicks out for RF. The way the foot is designed I don't think you could add noodles.

NannyMom

hrice said:
When I played with it I found a foot that kicks out for RF. The way the foot is designed I don't think you could add noodles.

I thought the foot kicked out for FF? Kind of like the Scenera.

Eta, I went back and looked at my pics and you're right. The foot is for rf.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC