Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: ETA on Size 4 Me 70?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSDarren View Post
    I have only an Argos. I might have time to put it adjacent to one in a Prius if that would help, but the Prius is fairly narrow so might not be a good indicator.
    Yes, please! Not that I'd need either, but still curious.
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

The measurements I asked for up thread would be awesome!!
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

Senior Community Member penguingrooves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CPSDarren
    I have one and will be unboxing it today. Any specific questions I might be able to answer in advance?
    i have a narrower car than a prius for 3-across and would love to know:

- the width at the widest.
    - if it sits high up like britaxes or low.
    - of potential visibility issues if installed RFing in the center.
    - any anti-rebound measures like rear tether or a bar?
    - heck, any real spec/info. (i'm tired of "estimate" measurements.)

maybe because i'm usually on a cellphone, searches come up bare, but not much info out there! with such a terrible name, maybe reviewers are using incorrect names?

thank you!!
    Last edited by penguingrooves; 06-02-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    sprog #1: age 9 (4th grader) in a mifold.
    sprog #2: age 6 in a RF britax MT.
    sprog #3: age 4 in a RF britax HW2.
    marriage partner #1 and me all squished in a honda fit. i don't recommend our arrangement, so if you have 3 kiddos, get a bigger car.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSDarren
    I have one and will be unboxing it today. Any specific questions I might be able to answer in advance?
    If you can get me all the measurements that are in the measurements/data convertible forum, I will get a new entry added for this seat.
    Katy

Carseat Crazy

They are in stock at the Indianapolis, IN BBB! I have one on hold and I'm picking it up tomorrow! The only problem is that I am getting it on my way out on a trip so I won't be back in town (or with my boys) to play with it and take pics/measurements until Tuesday. At that point though I can take pics of an 18 month and 4 yr old in it.

7. Thank You from:

Oh, and how much it weighs, too... maybe a better travel seat for ERF than the Radian?
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

Senior Community Member Brycen'sMommy's Avatar

They are in stock at my BBB also! I'm headed over there right now to pick one up.
    B-9y Incognito, L-7y Harmony Transit
    M-5y Britax Parkway, E-2y Graco Size4Me
    A-9mo Graco Milestone, S-6mo Graco CC35, Baby Girl Due 6/16
    All riding safely in a 2016 Ford Transit Wagon

Def not in stock at mine, I called this morning. But she put me on a list to call when they come in... I didn't know they had such a thing!
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessimamma View Post
    I would like to know how it puzzles next to a Nauti!! if you have a Nauti lol
    I am hoping to purchase one next week....if it seems like it will be a fit for my car & baby!

How easy is the harness to tighten with a baby in it? this is the main complaint I have out of almost every seat I've had.

Pictures!!!!! Please!!!!!
    It does not puzzle next to an Argos 70 or Snugride 30 in a Prius. The Prius back seat is simply too narrow.

I would rate the harness system as pretty typical for convertibles to tighten rear-facing on a baby. It seems a bit easier forward facing. My 7-year old son (57 lbs., 52" tall) can barely secure and release the buckle, though.

Quote Originally Posted by creideamh View Post
    Oh, and how much it weighs, too... maybe a better travel seat for ERF than the Radian?
    My scale says 19 pounds. It seems a bit lighter than a Radian, but of course it will be bulkier because it's a farily big convertible and does not fold.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyacht View Post
    Yay! I am interested in bottom & top harness heights. Ease of tightening, too. Thanks!
    Top slots are approximately 17.25". My son is almost right at the limit. Bottom slots are about 7" with the infant insert, close to 8" without the insert. It does not fit the Huggable Images 4lb. preemie doll. It does, however, fit the Huggable Images 7lb. newborn doll very well for a convertible, right out of the box! (See photos)

As with the prototype I saw earlier this year, I have to say this is perhaps the easiest LATCH system to remove from a car that I've seen. The pull-strap is more intuitive than even the deluxe push-button system on many higher end carseats. Plus, you get separate LATCH attachments for front and rear-facing, so no re-routing is needed. Adjusting the harness height is a breeze, too.

Unboxing video coming soon to www.carseatblog.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Darren can you compare it to how much harness height he has left in the Argos installed?

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

How does the seat height compare a Radian with an angle adjuster?
    N - 6/08 45" 45 lbs, Monterey, Probooster
    E - 11/09 41" 37 lbs, Combi Kobuk, Maestro
    Stamp - 13 yrs Bergan

CPS Fanatic

It looks like it sits more upright FF than the MyRide does. Does it IRL? It's one of my main complaints with the Myride
    Caleb Joshua: 8/17/2007; 45.5 inches, 46-47lbs, 17 inch torso; FF in a FN85 and Complete Air Sarah Rose: 05/15/2011; 22lbs, 31 inches; RF in a Britax Roundabout 50 and Combi Coccoro

The recline looks funky to me...but the curves on the outside of the seat may be playing tricks on me. Darren, does your son think it is comfortable? It almost looks like a funk recline where a kid would constantly be trying to sit up, kwim? So hard to explain on a keyboard lol
    DD (6/2010 30lbs, 39 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and ffing in a chase
    DS (1/2012 26lbs, 36 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and a r100

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    That pattern looks like the tiles my grandparents used to have in their kitchen. That's not a complaint, merely an observation.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by java
    The recline looks funky to me...but the curves on the outside of the seat may be playing tricks on me. Darren, does your son think it is comfortable? It almost looks like a funk recline where a kid would constantly be trying to sit up, kwim? So hard to explain on a keyboard lol
    I think the recline wouldn't look so weird if it weren't for his long legs. It sort of looks like he's spilling forward out of it.

Thank you so much for the measurements.....makes me sad that it didnt puzzle with the argos tho =[ I'm not familiar with your car however....I drive a Neon, is it smaller than that? is your middle seat raised? A MR65 puzzles with my nauti in my neon so I was hoping the Size 4 Me would as well, but just take up less room LOL

I am really LOVING this seat right now & I do believe I'll be getting one to try for myself =]

Also, maybe it's just the angle of the pic....but it looks to me as if it might take up less front to back space rf than the MR65! If so, that would be awesome!!!

Graco just commented on a post on their wall re: RF height limit

21. Thank You from:

IMO they answered in a "whole lot of vague" with the seated height thing. There has to be a seated height limit either with 1 inch, to the top of the seat or a random standing height limit... You cannot have a 37 pound kid with straps below their shoulders and their head 2 inches above the shell! But acccording to the incomplete info. given you can...
    *Lisa*
    Momma to my 5 monkeys-
    J 9/01, A 6/03, B 10/04, E 9/06 and C 11/09

Quote Originally Posted by 4boysmom
    IMO they answered in a "whole lot of vague" with the seated height thing. There has to be a seated height limit either with 1 inch, to the top of the seat or a random standing height limit... You cannot have a 37 pound kid with straps below their shoulders and their head 2 inches above the shell! But acccording to the incomplete info. given you can...
    Yep, I agree. I asked about a 1" rule and headrest positions. We will see.