ETA on Size 4 Me 70?

ADS

penguingrooves

CPSDarren said:
I have one and will be unboxing it today. Any specific questions I might be able to answer in advance?

i have a narrower car than a prius for 3-across and would love to know:

- the width at the widest.
- if it sits high up like britaxes or low.
- of potential visibility issues if installed RFing in the center.
- any anti-rebound measures like rear tether or a bar?
- heck, any real spec/info. (i'm tired of "estimate" measurements.)

maybe because i'm usually on a cellphone, searches come up bare, but not much info out there! with such a terrible name, maybe reviewers are using incorrect names?

thank you!!

Last edited:

MomToEliEm

CPSDarren said:
I have one and will be unboxing it today. Any specific questions I might be able to answer in advance?

If you can get me all the measurements that are in the measurements/data convertible forum, I will get a new entry added for this seat.

MyTwoSons

They are in stock at the Indianapolis, IN BBB! :) I have one on hold and I'm picking it up tomorrow! The only problem is that I am getting it on my way out on a trip so I won't be back in town (or with my boys) to play with it and take pics/measurements until Tuesday. At that point though I can take pics of an 18 month and 4 yr old in it.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Def not in stock at mine, I called this morning. :( But she put me on a list to call when they come in... I didn't know they had such a thing!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I would like to know how it puzzles next to a Nauti!! if you have a Nauti lol
I am hoping to purchase one next week....if it seems like it will be a fit for my car & baby!

How easy is the harness to tighten with a baby in it? this is the main complaint I have out of almost every seat I've had.

Pictures!!!!! Please!!!!!

It does not puzzle next to an Argos 70 or Snugride 30 in a Prius. The Prius back seat is simply too narrow.

I would rate the harness system as pretty typical for convertibles to tighten rear-facing on a baby. It seems a bit easier forward facing. My 7-year old son (57 lbs., 52" tall) can barely secure and release the buckle, though.

Oh, and how much it weighs, too... maybe a better travel seat for ERF than the Radian?

My scale says 19 pounds. It seems a bit lighter than a Radian, but of course it will be bulkier because it's a farily big convertible and does not fold.

Yay! I am interested in bottom & top harness heights. Ease of tightening, too. Thanks!

Top slots are approximately 17.25". My son is almost right at the limit. Bottom slots are about 7" with the infant insert, close to 8" without the insert. It does not fit the Huggable Images 4lb. preemie doll. It does, however, fit the Huggable Images 7lb. newborn doll very well for a convertible, right out of the box! (See photos)

As with the prototype I saw earlier this year, I have to say this is perhaps the easiest LATCH system to remove from a car that I've seen. The pull-strap is more intuitive than even the deluxe push-button system on many higher end carseats. Plus, you get separate LATCH attachments for front and rear-facing, so no re-routing is needed. Adjusting the harness height is a breeze, too.

Unboxing video coming soon to www.carseatblog.com

Attachments

• gracosize4me70infant.jpg
    gracosize4me70infant.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 108
  • size4me70.jpg
    size4me70.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 122

Brianna

Darren can you compare it to how much harness height he has left in the Argos installed?

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

armywife12

It looks like it sits more upright FF than the MyRide does. Does it IRL? It's one of my main complaints with the Myride

java

The recline looks funky to me...but the curves on the outside of the seat may be playing tricks on me. Darren, does your son think it is comfortable? It almost looks like a funk recline where a kid would constantly be trying to sit up, kwim? So hard to explain on a keyboard lol

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
That pattern looks like the tiles my grandparents used to have in their kitchen. That's not a complaint, merely an observation.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
java said:
The recline looks funky to me...but the curves on the outside of the seat may be playing tricks on me. Darren, does your son think it is comfortable? It almost looks like a funk recline where a kid would constantly be trying to sit up, kwim? So hard to explain on a keyboard lol

I think the recline wouldn't look so weird if it weren't for his long legs. It sort of looks like he's spilling forward out of it.

Jessimamma

Thank you so much for the measurements.....makes me sad that it didnt puzzle with the argos tho =[ I'm not familiar with your car however....I drive a Neon, is it smaller than that? is your middle seat raised? A MR65 puzzles with my nauti in my neon so I was hoping the Size 4 Me would as well, but just take up less room LOL

I am really LOVING this seat right now & I do believe I'll be getting one to try for myself =]

Jessimamma

Also, maybe it's just the angle of the pic....but it looks to me as if it might take up less front to back space rf than the MR65! If so, that would be awesome!!!

Cath3114

Graco just commented on a post on their wall re: RF height limit

f1abc869.jpg

4boysmom

IMO they answered in a "whole lot of vague" with the seated height thing. There has to be a seated height limit either with 1 inch, to the top of the seat or a random standing height limit... You cannot have a 37 pound kid with straps below their shoulders and their head 2 inches above the shell! But acccording to the incomplete info. given you can...

Cath3114

4boysmom said:
IMO they answered in a "whole lot of vague" with the seated height thing. There has to be a seated height limit either with 1 inch, to the top of the seat or a random standing height limit... You cannot have a 37 pound kid with straps below their shoulders and their head 2 inches above the shell! But acccording to the incomplete info. given you can...

Yep, I agree. I asked about a 1" rule and headrest positions. We will see.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC