Most likely needing a new van

ADS

canadiangie

Man you've had a lot dumped on your plate lately. Thank goodness you have little M to keep your spirits lifted. :)

Vans...

I can tell you what I wouldn't buy. I'd steer clear of the GM Montana and it's clones. I'd steer clear of the pre 06 Kia Sedona.

You can probably get into an 03ish Oddy or Sienna, but you'll be looking at higher km's, like close to 200,000.

There's the Gr Caravan, which are a dime a dozen, some with lower km's, but not sure if Chrysler would appeal to you.

bubbaray

If it were me, I'd be looking to purchase in the US and import. You'll get more for your money. That won't get you much in Canada -- it will be older, high mileage.

GL!

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I totally agree.

I've gone through the importation process a number of times, if you need any assistance.

-N.

oddduck

I recently saw a 2007 Montana with 111,000km for $5900. I'd realistically pick up that.

We currently have a 2001 Montana with 250,000km and haven't had to many issues (other then a transmission 4 years ago) -- just regular stuff like a front bearing and a set of tie rods.

emilia

We live in Canada too. Is importing really a good option? We are only 1.5 hrs from the border so that would be an option. Is the importation process expensive? What sites are good for car shopping?

Thanks!

Emilia

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC