Got my 2012 SR35! Lots of pics!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My 2012 Graco SnugRide 35 LX in Flint is here! :thumbsup: The Flint cover actually ended up being a lot nicer than it looks in the pics. It's not one, not two, but THREE shades of grey/black. :ROTFLMAO: Plus, it has several different textures and different patterns within the fabrics. I'll put some additional descriptions in the pics below. If you have any questions or want more pics, let me know. Sorry, no pics of it installed right now as DH is at work with the vehicle. And no pics with a baby as baby's not here yet! ;)

This is the 4#-35# model and the infant insert MUST be used for babies between 4# and 5#.

My DOM is Sept. 16, 2011. It took about 2 months for these to get to stores before I could purchase. Slow trip from China I guess. :p Expiry on the SR35 is now 7 years from DOM. Prior to 2012, Graco infant seats expired December of the 6th year. So a seat manufactured in January would have a 7 year lifespan, a seat manufactured in December of the same year would have a 6 year lifespan. Now, all have 7 years. I don't know if this has changed for any other Graco seats.

Thanks to Snugglebugz for letting me know the day the Flint arrived and for shipping it out next day so it could get here before baby did! And more thanks to Ben for confirming the Flint had the GracoPedic foam before I ordered.

Pics for your viewing pleasure:

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2005%2019%20PM.jpg

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2001%20PM.jpg

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2005%2057%20PM.jpg

I thought the fabric was all smooth, but it's actually 3 different fabrics. The panel that the baby sits on is the soft velour which is great for here where it's colder. The sides are different than I've seen on the Graco seats before. The fabric wipes really easy and is smooth and shiny, but not stiff. The outermost fabric is like a high quality backpack material.

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2008%20PM.jpg

The canopy has 2 patterns in it plus the trim. I had thought it was going to be plain black and this is much nicer! The centre panel is actually the black fabric with whitish dots woven but hard to see in the canopy pic; better pic above on the left. The 2nd is the diamond pattern which is visible in the pics. And the front trim on the canopy is the grey fabric shown in the middle of the above pic; the shiny, smooth stuff.

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2010%20PM.jpg

The only handle position allowed in the vehicle now. Likely for the new, anti-rebound standard.

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2005%2059%20PM.jpg

The new pieces added to the sides of the seat for the new, anti-rebound standard. I believe this also means that we can't use covers from the U.S. models because they won't be shaped to fit these pieces. So we're stuck with our lame Canadian selection of covers. :(

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2004%20PM.jpg

Harness covers. Most of the Canadian models don't have harness covers! It may be only the LX models that do and as of now I think Flint is the only LX model.

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2002%20PM.jpg

Why I waited for the Flint "LX" model to arrive. The GracoPedic foam!

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2007%20PM.jpg

The Gracopedic foam will keep baby's lower back warmer in the winter. My previous seat didn't have it and the freezing cold base sitting in sub zero temps ends up transferring the cold from the base through the infant seat and onto baby's back. Hoping the foam solves that problem. The real funny thing is, I bet it costs more for the fancy label in the above pic than it does for this piece of foam! LOL So, why they just don't put it in all Canadian models, I have no idea. Most of the U.S. models come with it, only a few don't. Here, ONE currently comes with it, the other 5 covers don't!

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2005%20PM.jpg

The reason why I decided to go with the SR35 instead of The First Years Via. Because I love my Mutsy and it just works so awesome on the Graco adapter!

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2021%20PM.jpg

Pics of the base have been added in post #20.

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
wow that is one nice sr35...even though they have the new buckles on them AHHHH!!
I was super worried about the buckle. First thing I did when I took it out was try it out! Surprisingly, it works fine. The red button is harder to press with one thumb than the old buckle was, and there is only room for 2 thumbs if you have skinny thumbs, but it's not like it's difficult to press or anything. And the tongues really click in with a vengeance! When you pop one in, you KNOW when it's in place. And they weren't hard to put in either. I'll guess we'll see if it remains to be usable once it's being used on a regular basis with a baby in the seat.

featherhead

Nice looking seat! How long did it take to come? I just ordered seats from Snugglebugz today, and the sooner they get here the better. I can't wait to see what my new seats look like in real life:)

mimieliza

Wow, I love it! I'd rather have that than the American version.

And this:
The Gracopedic foam will keep baby's lower back warmer in the winter. My previous seat didn't have it and the freezing cold base sitting in sub zero temps ends up transferring the cold from the base through the infant seat and onto baby's back. Hoping the foam solves that problem.
is genius.

My DD was so frickin' cold in her SS1 all winter when she was a wee newborn.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Nice looking seat! How long did it take to come? I just ordered seats from Snugglebugz today, and the sooner they get here the better. I can't wait to see what my new seats look like in real life:)
I ordered last Monday, it shipped Tuesday. From the tracking, Canada Post picked it up end of day Tuesday. It arrived at our postal facility Saturday, but of course we don't have delivery Saturdays so I got it today.

You're closer to Snugglebugz than I am though, so I'd expect at least a day less shipping time.

Wow, I love it! I'd rather have that than the American version.

And this:
The Gracopedic foam will keep baby's lower back warmer in the winter. My previous seat didn't have it and the freezing cold base sitting in sub zero temps ends up transferring the cold from the base through the infant seat and onto baby's back. Hoping the foam solves that problem.

is genius.

My DD was so frickin' cold in her SS1 all winter when she was a wee newborn.
Ya, the SS without the foam sucked for cold weather! We did eventually get a SS with GracoPedic foam in Canada but that was well after I already had the SS. Pretty sure we got the SS soon after it came to Canada so had to take what we could get at the time. Seems to be a pattern for me, got the SS soon after it got here, got the TF the day it arrived here, got the MR a couple days after it got here, got the SR35 the day it got here...:ROTFLMAO: Next stop for a seat that I get soon after it gets here is the FOONF!! :D

Oh, and the majority of SR35's in the U.S. come with GracoPedic foam which is great!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Re: Got my 2012 SR35!

Yay! :love:

I played installation games with my SR35 today (and I picked up the foam on the weekend... unfortunately, the strap covers are STILL on backorder and will cost me an additional $6 bucks to pick up. :thumbsdown:) I'm not thrilled with how it fits in the new car, but it's an acceptable install. I haven't even pulled the new stroller out of the box to see how that works. :whistle:

Are you going to wash your cover first?

Pixels

Is the base different than the old/US version? It looks a bit odd to me in the side pic, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Re: Got my 2012 SR35!

Are you going to wash your cover first?
You ate my brain, I know it! ;) I was TOTALLY just thinking this exact thing and was going to ask you if you were going to wash yours first. LOL I'm thinking I will. It doesn't smell at all which is good, but I want any factory "dust" gone beforehand. We don't wear new clothing around here without it being washed, so I figure the cover should be washed for the baby, right?. I'll toss it into the machine on the hand wash or delicate cycle (whatever the instructions say).

Sorry your strap covers are giving you some grief! I hope they show up soon!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is the base different than the old/US version? It looks a bit odd to me in the side pic, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
I just got the base out by itself and compared it to a pic of a base on walmart.com and I think it's the same. Although the recline foot on mine is silver whereas most pics I'm finding online have a red foot.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't think there's any difference other than the color of the recline adjustment foot?

I've played with that buckle quite a bit at work and I think what's different about it - and perhaps why people have problems, is that instead of pushing on the center of it, you push more at the top edge of it. The new Evenflo seats have that crotch buckle too - at least the Maestro and the infant seats do. Except their's are black instead of gray. Same kind of top edge push though as the new Graco.

canadiangie

Man I'd love to *know* if the base is different on 2012 models.

I think what people are seeing is that the front of the base, when looked at from the side, looks lower. Not as tall. But that could very well be me wrong, or just an optical illusion next to the front end of the actual seat that is clearly different from previous models. I am used to seeing the base in use mostly, and almost always with some foot extended.

Either way, Graco, if you're reading, could you help a girl out here and give one straight answer on this. I called your Elfe reps and was told there have been no changes to either the 32 or 35 for 2012. Really? None?! :rolleyes:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
And several pics of the base for those interested (couldn't add to first post as apparently you can only have 16 images per post):

Photo%202011-11-21%209%2022%2026%20PM.jpg

Photo%202011-11-21%209%2022%2030%20PM.jpg

Photo%202011-11-21%209%2022%2032%20PM.jpg

Photo%202011-11-21%209%2022%2034%20PM.jpg

I agree with Trudy that I think the only change is the colour of the recline foot. And I agree with Angie that I think it has an optical illusion of being different when looking at it with the seat in the base. Due to the side foot area of the seat being a different shape than the prior/U.S. seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC